Blind bearded dragon in my garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is incredibly generous of you to help him out like that. The rehab center is perfect for him to live there permanently in a good home. A great ending for him. :D Thank you for helping him out like that.

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
What wonderful news!!! I had wondered what ever happened to the little guy.

Thank you for not turning your back on that poor beardie.

Dawn :D

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
What a wonderful happy ending! Thank you so much for rescuing him like that, and taking him where he'll be safe and loved!

HUGS

Sandi

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for saving a beardie!

Do you happen to have any pictures?

Well.... now that you're a member of the forum and you say you like reptiles, why not get a captive bred beardie! They are great pets! :D

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
bifurcate":ad256 said:
Hi all
just some closure on this saga.
After posting before, the WBD disappeared for a week or so. Then I found it basking in the driveway. So I moved it back into the garden, out of the way of vehicles and birds. It was very docile and quite content to sit in my hand. ate some chopped vegies.
My brother collected it and has delivered it to a couple who run a wildlife rehab centre. They are really great people who love all small creatures and will give it a home. Today it was having a medical check-up, hopefully nothing more than a bit hungry....and blind.
Thanks to everybody who replied.

Wonderful that you were able to find a safe and caring place for him. Beardie's are such special creatures.

The best to you,
Em

bifurcate

Original Poster
herpfreak":e439c said:
Thanks for saving a beardie!

Do you happen to have any pictures?

Well.... now that you're a member of the forum and you say you like reptiles, why not get a captive bred beardie! They are great pets! :D

I just popped a simple vid onto youtube

blind beardie

I have to admit I became very fond of this little critter, he was so gorgeous!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I just watched the video. Poor little thing! I was expecting a much older beardie. He looked pretty bad(did notice he was shedding though).
God Bless you agian for saving the life of a poor helpless creature :D

Thanks so much for the video. He was a small little thing. I too expected a much bigger beardie. Thanks for saving him!

Jennifer

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh, he was just a little guy! His poor eyes - that just about broke my heart. Thank you so much for getting him somewhere safe where he can have a happy life. :D

AlanHJ

Juvie Member
Glad to hear a happy ending.

Pleaides":2c6ed said:
aww bless what a happy ending im so glad.
i wish we had lil WBD's in our garden id live out there 24/7 watching them all. lol. well actually id be taking them all in to keep :D
so its illegal to take in a WBD, never knew that, thats strange.

I think they're a protected species. But I also think Australia is much more protective of their wildlife than North America

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
AlanHJ":f6a15 said:
Glad to hear a happy ending.

Pleaides":f6a15 said:
aww bless what a happy ending im so glad.
i wish we had lil WBD's in our garden id live out there 24/7 watching them all. lol. well actually id be taking them all in to keep :D
so its illegal to take in a WBD, never knew that, thats strange.

I think they're a protected species. But I also think Australia is much more protective of their wildlife than North America
Yeah... :roll: I'm glad they have really strict importation laws; Australia has a lot of herps, like beardies. Banning capture of them is the main reason why almost all captives are CB, which is good. I'm totally against importation of any kind of herp.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh i have to agree with being against importation too.
i watched a program once about being smuggling and importation of reptiles, there were 4 baby rainbow boas and they were squished into their own tiny container, they all turned up dead because of suffocation and that just breaks my heart.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
That is TERRIBLE!! :cry: How can people be so heartless? When you are in the prescence of something as beautiful as a rainbow boa, how can you not love it and want to make sure it's happy?

bifurcate

Original Poster
Hi all
it gets better
He is NOT blind!
The vet found one eye had an old injury, scabbed over ,then skin had grown over the scab.
The eye that was freshly injured was simply scabbed over.

So the vet cut away the skin, cleaned both eyes and prescribed ointment.
Should be fine.
They are all quite surprised how friendly and docile this Beardie is, quite happy to be handled and loves snuggling.
I feel a bit embarrassed jumping to such a conclusion :oops:
but so happy he is okay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom