Blazey Finally Ate Veggies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
When we brought Blaze home, she wouldn't touch them. The store we got her from chopped up big pieces of cabbage and put it in the babies' cage. It was really sad, since the pieces were larger than their heads (and come to find out, they don't eat that stuff either). Well, we tried everything, for a long time, to get her to eat fruits and veggies. Once she ate a tiny piece of raspberry, but that was all, and she took a single bite of parsley once. Other than, that.. nothing. We tried all sorts of different veggies, mushed them, chopped them up really tiny. The only luck we ever had was her accidentally eating some when she went after a worm. For a while, we continued to put them in her cage, as others suggested, but this became very wasteful.

Last night, I ran through the grocery store, and I picked up a bunch of collard greens, for $1; I figured if she didn't want them, I'd cook them and eat them :) I tore off a piece and tore it into small pieces and put them into her cage. She didn't care. I put her on the small paper plate. She looked at them, then me; she didn't care. So, I dropped a few phoenix worms onto the plate. She dug out the worms. *Sigh* "Oh well," I though.. So, I left the room, and closed the door.

Before I went to bed, I went to check on her and feed her a few crickets, and lo & behold! The greens were all GONE! YAY!!

So, this morning, I gave her some more greens, and she ate them!! I'm so happy. This evening, she will get her proteins. I hope she keeps it up, I'm so proud of her. She still doesn't like to eat in front of us, but she is getting better. She will chase a few crickets while we are watching, but will wait until we leave the room to get the rest of them. I guess she will be the same about her veggies. I don't care, so long as she eats them!

Sorry this was so long, I'm just such a proud mommy!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Awww congrats!
Dont blame you for gushing. I do the same thing when my baby behaves herself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom