Blankets and Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to have to measure the length of Murphy when I get home. I have been meaning to do this.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
I just eyeball it, at this point anyhow, since I know the dimensions for a 8.5x11inch piece of paper. Just got lucky enough recently to be able to put a tape measure along her length without touching her with it to measure recently.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine I believe should be longer than 16 inches, maybe more like 22 inches. I can't really eyeball it. I have never measured him before, so it's a mystery.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
yeah pretty soon I won't be able to eyeball it either. She's undersized for her age because she was the smallest in the petsmart enclosure when I purchased her.

She's not been eating her BSFL lately as much as she had before the ExoTerra enclosure she now resides in. Hoping that's just enclosure switching issues as I saw her eat some of her curly mustard/turnip greens yesterday. So maybe she just has no interest in bugs right now. That or she doesn't like the look of the new BSFL shipment.

Good luck with your beardie as well Tracy. I look forward to seeing more about her in this thread.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i used the reptical lights for a year and i was told they produce harmfull rays for their eyes. she didnt spent much time under her tanks light tho so idk... i have reptisun now.

i use a tape measurer, just stretch her out and measure...

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
I just put in my reptisun 10.0 by zoomed in my fixture today hopefully that solves it.

my other bulb was about six months old maybe a little older

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Almost full grown. Most of the bearded dragons from the pet stores get up to 24 inches in length, and some longer due to their enclosures sometimes.

Congrats.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
its longer than sindragosa, although she isnt yet full grown. given she is free range i had hoped she would get larger than average but females often are smaller than males anyway

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ncc74656":s83exj0t said:
its longer than sindragosa, although she isnt yet full grown. given she is free range i had hoped she would get larger than average but females often are smaller than males anyway

How old is Sindragosa? Murphy should be 2 in July. Maybe males are a bit larger?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
best guess is she is around 17 months old. i have her growth chart on teh side of her tnak at home so ill have to go look at that but i think she is around 18 inches right now if memory serves

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
well vet said she has pinworms but that its a normal amount so i shouldn't treat her for it now unless i see changes in apatite or such.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so sorry. Is there something natural you can do to reduce pinworms or prevent the growth of more?

Murphy pooped today and now thinks he is a bad%$#. He went running around the house like he owned it even opened his mouth a bit to our dog who was totally embarrassed by the event. He is now in the window relaxed enjoying the view. It's his favorite spot in the house.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
idk, the vet said its natural for htem to have them and given the amount its not worth treating but idk... im going to do more research and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom