Blankets and Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
you can feed earth worms but have some calcium powder or such handy because they are very slippery and will need a dusting for your beardie to be able to grab onto them and slurp them up. also i forgot to mention, if your beardie isnt taking food you can try dusting the food with calcium powder (or beardie crack) and placing them under uvb light. this will make it look more appetizing to your beardie

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ncc74656":1r95o1y3 said:
you can feed earth worms but have some calcium powder or such handy because they are very slippery and will need a dusting for your beardie to be able to grab onto them and slurp them up. also i forgot to mention, if your beardie isnt taking food you can try dusting the food with calcium powder (or beardie crack) and placing them under uvb light. this will make it look more appetizing to your beardie

That's Brilliant!! He loves things that are white. I do sprinkle his food with his calcium vit d powder of course.

Last Saturday we were outside with him, and he struggled to get down, and tried to eat something that was close to the fire pit. It looked white, because of the ashes, I tried to get it away from him. I had already tried to feed him before going out there. Then I put him in the garden, and he pooped, and then he was stabbing with his tongue at the white bits. So I took him in and sprinkled some of his calcium powder and he tongue stabbed it for a bit. I bet if I feed him with his bowl closer to the light, that it would look more appealing to him. I'm going to try it when I get home tonight!

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
my sindragosa is on a hunger strike over here. hasnt eaten a full meal in 5 days. today she weighed in down 4 grams from the start of the week so i have started to force her. i take the large roaches and hold them backwards, sliding their back sides between her lips. after a bit of sliding them in she will reach out and grab the first one, then from there i hold a new one out for her to grab as she finishes the first and she will grab it. she just ate 9 large roaches this way. she will only do this if im holding her and she is mostly vertical. i dont know why but she gets into these moods a couple times a year where she just dosnt like to eat

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've never weighed Murphy, but he feels a good bit thinner since I got him. I am hoping it is him just getting used to being with new owners and relocating to a new state too. It's cooler and more humid in Oregon than where he was in Washington.

I'm going to keep giving him fresh greens/fruit in each day and see how he does. I'll try to get a different green this weekend and perhaps some endive. That looks tender.

How is Sindragosa this morning?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i weigh sindragosa every other day and keep a log. she will look thin and like she is loosing weight when she has actually gained 10 grams... its so weird. she ate blueberries/greenbeans/kale this morning, im going to give her some roaches tonight and some worms before bed. she has her annual check up on monday so we will see how she is getting on.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good to hear that she ate.

Greens disappeared from Murphy's bowl today while I was at work. I didn't see him eat, but I think he ate them. I haven't seen a loose worm or cricket in the tank so it was most likely Murphy!!!

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
yea there are times i will try feeding sindragosa and she wont do a thing, ill leave her food and go make my own food and come back to see all her food gone, just dosent want to eat infront of me some times.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
At the moment I have Murphy out in my office. Not sure what to call this room. It's my extra room with a chair, Ottoman, TV and a small area for my laptop. It's a safer room for Murphy to move around where ever he wants. He likes to go under stuff. I'm trying to get him use to wandering around more, but he never wanders much. He's lazy. He has managed to wander about 8 feet and find a hidey spot to sleep.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
wait untill he wakes up and eats, thats when my beardie is most active. i will wake up with sindragosa, she likes to sit up against me in bed under the covers and normally sleeps untill i actually get up. then she will get her morning shower, food, and i place her in her tank or in her window while i make food. shortly there after she will start running around, all over the house, in and out of every room...

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
monday is her vet appointment and depending on how long it is she may be along for a 2 hour car ride across the sate as i have to meet family at a hospital down the way. so she may get quite the adventure trip if hte vet appointment goes long.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sounds like she is one lucky lizard living the life.

Apparently Murphy spent a good amount of time exploring the living room all morning while I slept.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yipee, Murphy has began a normal Poop schedule. He was about 1 1/2 weeks for his first one, and then a week later, then a week later again, then 5 days later, then 2 days later then 1 day later!!

He had a lot more energy on Sunday morning too. I have seen him eat some greens, all though, he does not like to be watched. I think he might be settling in and I am so excited for him!

Olliebug314

Terry15":csyf58bn said:
I use a cut up fleece blanket. Mine loves to bury his head in his blanket. Some scraps I use to pick him up & wrap him like a burrito. I have a hammock over his cool corner where his blankets are at. So I have a few pieces hanging down, so technically it’s his blanket cave. As for water, he hates baths, so I give him water from a plastic eye dropper.

I use my old T-shirt’s that are plain and cut it in the shape of a somewhat blanket and I leave it layed out in the corner. My beardie baby loves to burrow into it at night I feel like they like having your scent around when they trust you and feel safe with you and it’s good for when you’re away.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
well sindragosa had a stellar vet visit. the vet commented how relaxed she was when he forced her mouth open, she hardly squirmed at all... shows how used to human interaction she is...

she ended up going on the 3 hour road trip with me and hanging out at the hospital for a few hours as well. she spent most of the entire drive moving from my shoulder to the top of the seat to watch things fly by outside the window. she is super active right now and awake, the trip seems to have given her lots of energy!

i get her blood and fecal work back in a few days and we will know if she has any lingering issues.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Olliebug314":2v94pvmn said:
Terry15":2v94pvmn said:
I use a cut up fleece blanket. Mine loves to bury his head in his blanket. Some scraps I use to pick him up & wrap him like a burrito. I have a hammock over his cool corner where his blankets are at. So I have a few pieces hanging down, so technically it’s his blanket cave. As for water, he hates baths, so I give him water from a plastic eye dropper.

I haven't gotten a blanket to cut up yet. I have looked for one but not found an appropriate one to cut up yet.

I use my old T-shirt’s that are plain and cut it in the shape of a somewhat blanket and I leave it layed out in the corner. My beardie baby loves to burrow into it at night I feel like they like having your scent around when they trust you and feel safe with you and it’s good for when you’re away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom