Black beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
Ya thats perfectly fine. Black beards are usually indicative of unhappiness/anger/pain ect...

A white or otherwise colored beared is perfectly fine 8)

furmanbr

I have a similar question. One of my beardies who I believe to be female is showing some orange in her beard. Does this mean she is actually a he? or does this happen with females sometimes too? My male beardie of the same age has no coloring in the beard at all. It is perfectly white.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Coloring of the beard is usually just that, if its orange or something its usually because thats coloring in her genetics Phoebe's beard is turning yellow, like her coloring, on her beard.

Potts

I was trying to take a photo of my beardie and he didn't like the sound of my auto focus at all, he was puffing up his beard and giving my camera dead eye.
b.jpg

You can sorta see his black beard. It went after about 20 mins and he settled down but its completely normal behaviour nothing to worry about.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Any coloring in the beard is just part of your beardies natural colorings. Just like its scales else where.

Bobble(male) normal coloring happy go lucky.
P1270169.jpg

Bobble if hes mad at one of us or if he sees a girl beardie.
P1230019.jpg

Chimaira (female) All happy.
P1120054.jpg

Chimaira not so happy.
P2020005.jpg

They go away pretty quickly when the get calm again. You cant tell the sex by looking at their beards.

NuKe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah my phoebe gets angry if nero comes around when they are out of their vivs and gets a black beard, although she does seem to do the weird thing that looks almost like she is bowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom