My bearded dragon moby

Charitie1

Beardie name(s)
Moby
My bearded dragon was normal and a few days ago started sleeping all the time, I thought it was brumation but she’s not eating, not pooping, she’s not active. I’m super worried because her beard is turning black then normal. Her mouth looks fine. Her tail looks fine, her color is looks normal. Her enclosure isn’t to jot or cold. Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon was normal and a few days ago started sleeping all the time, I thought it was brumation but she’s not eating, not pooping, she’s not active. I’m super worried because her beard is turning black then normal. Her mouth looks fine. Her tail looks fine, her color is looks normal. Her enclosure isn’t to jot or cold. Any ideas?
Uvb being used coil or long tube fixture - placement of uvb-- surface basking temps what are they and how are you taking them--stick ons are inaccurate

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you can post some pictures of her, that would be really
helpful. How often does her beard turn dark, & is it dark
when she's sleeping?
Is she losing any weight right now, or is it stable?

Tracie

Charitie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moby
IMG_1298.jpeg
My heat lamp just broke thanks to my cat and I don’t have a water bottle so I did a make shift one. So the scales aren’t black right now but the skin under is black. I feel terrible and petsmart doesn’t open for 5 more hours

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 87005 My heat lamp just broke thanks to my cat and I don’t have a water bottle so I did a make shift one. So the scales aren’t black right now but the skin under is black. I feel terrible and petsmart doesn’t open for 5 more hours
She will be fine --- make sure your using a clear solid bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 taken w/a digital probe thermometer- what are you using for a UVB? Please take a pic of the under belly if its black---- to me she looks fine in the pic -- a lot of dragons are brumating right now and usually sleep in their hides/ caves - it is normal for them not to eat in brumation and not be active but sleep - not sure about the black beard tho turning off and on w/ the blackness - how black is it getting - their beards will turn colors w/ mood changes

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom