Best place to purchase Lobsters, and Turks

Status
Not open for further replies.

blown2tone

Have been looking around, and LOVE aaron paulings prices on lobsters, but unfortunately he is sold out until around february. I've checked a few other places, but cant find any pricing like theirs. Any ideas? Im pretty sure my 1 year old male bd, is SICK of crickets, and after last nights chirping, i decided, Ok, im sick of these noisy, stinky things also.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
Aaronpauling is the only person I have ordered lobsters from, his prices are good, aren't they?

I imagine you could do a search on lobster roaches and find some other suppliers you could try.

Eric

patrickb

Juvie Member
http://thebugpros.com They only sell Turks but they have them for the same prices that most places sell crickets for. I bought from them somewhat recently and received the right stuff, though I am not sure that the ones I got were too healthy. I had a huge dieoff rate the first week and a half. Around 20-30 a day were dieing. Never did figure it out, could have been stress, poor stock, bad shipping weather dunno. The colony I started from that batch is doing just fine now and breeding like mad rabbits!

Their shipping was fast and as expected, a double boxed setup with the roaches and eggcrates in the interior box. It wasn't marked that they would come flying out when you opened it, so an unsuspecting soul could end up with roaches all over the place. I am 50/50 on whether I would order from them again, but their prices are good and they give specific sizes, so might be worth a try in your case. I ordered from them after reading good things about them in other forums, so I could have just had bad luck of the draw that one time. YMMV

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I ordered my Turks from http://thebugpros.com also back in March. They have great prices an I got just what I was expecting. Patrickb sorry that yours had a large die off rate :shock: . Mine were very healthy an I have had a very low die off rate. But then again I got mine while the weather was nice and warm maybe that might have something to do with it. Though I always thought that roaches could live through anything.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Ahh, good to know. Sometimes you just get a bad batch. Everything isn't always perfect. Hearing that from you now, I probably would order from them again if I ever had the need. Thanks for sharing Barbara.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Your welcome Patrickb!
I don't think after the first 1000 one will ever need to purchase anymore.....do you? :wink: :lol:
These little boogers can really multiply. :p

patrickb

Juvie Member
Seriously, I started a small little side colony with 3 adult females and 2 males back in June, there has to be about 300-500 in there by now with newly matured adult females already laying eggs again. I have that colony very cramped in a tiny rubbermaid, so it will be interesting how many I can fit in their. Gotta add some more eggcrats on my next maintenance day to that group! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom