Beardie won't stop rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistyf

Original Poster
Thank you for the link, Shanny. Lots of great info, but nothing about adeno so I'll search the net.

MissT: I understand and appreciate your concern, but it was 10-15 dubia twice a day. There were almost always a couple left after 30 mins.

Why do so many people think I starved him to death? I fed him as much as he would eat, I just forgot to dust them with vitamins/calcium first. With all the warnings on here about getting beardies from pet stores and the knowledge that there is inbreeding going on, I don't understand why it's easier to accept the worst thing possible (that I starved him) than the fact that it could have been a genetic disorder or illness not detected by the fecal??

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
mistyf":2ps3jykk said:
Thank you for the link, Shanny. Lots of great info, but nothing about adeno so I'll search the net

I don't think you are going to find any info on something that absolutely 100% kills adeno. I have seen so much conflicting information and opinions. I mean you will find sources that say you can kill it, and sources that say you cannot. Who do you trust? For this reason, I will not purchase a used viv for any of my beardies. They always get a new viv. The reason for this is there is a huge lack of research into reptile infectious diseases and I feel it is better to be safe than sorry. I would rather just bite the bullet and put out the money for a new viv. But that is a personal choice of mine, and we all have to do what we feel is best. There are people who would say I am a paranoid person for how I feel, well so what. It's my money - let me be paranoid. :eek:

mistyf

Original Poster
Terrbear: No, the vet didn't check his ears. I'll definitely be using a different vet in the future.

Shanny: That last line made me laugh. Thank you, I needed that. I'm pretty sure we'll be building a custom viv for our next beardie. I know what you mean about conflicting information on cleaners, and I don't want to take any chances. I can't go through this again.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
10g at 6 months old is not a healthy dragon. However, lookig at the original posts/pictures, you said you got him at the pet store at 2-3 months old. He looks about 3 months ol in that picture. I think you got him at no more than 4 weeks old tho the store probably told you differently
pLease dont beat yourself up about the caclium--I made the same mistake with our first beardie in the firs 2 weeks because I did what PETSMARTS care guide said (and it said beardies get calcium every 2-3 days--nothing about difference n feeding baby/juvie vs adult. Our beardie ended up with MBD but ONLY because of Tracie, Diane, Tom and a bunch of others on here). they have changed it slightly since but not enough IMHO.
Now you know that it i is imperative that you DILIGENTLY do the calcium when you get a new beardie.
Hugs on your loss, as we are grieving our lizard that died 1 week ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom