beardie wont eat and has MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you are using a zoomed light, then if it's a mercury vapor bulb it would be the Powersun.
How close to him is it & is it a 100 watt or 160 watt?
Brumation "can" cause the slowdown, but, in his case right now, I really don't recommend
letting him brumate much due to his calcium deficiency. He needs to get his body caught
up on calcium stores & recover right now. A normal, healthy dragon can go weeks or months
in the wild, without much of anything to eat because their metabolisms are so slown down.
Since he isn't 100%, I don't think you should let him go without food or fluids right now. If he
wants to be lazy some & rest that's fine but he does need his UVB, calcium & food right now.
So you will need to be sure that he gets his basking & UVB in daily.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

neanbean

Original Poster
leo passed away a little while ago. im so heartbroken and ive never been this upset in my life, just knowing i tried so hard to save him but i couldnt. i took everyones advice and nothing helped the little guy. im glad to know he isnt in pain anymore but the pain for me is unbearable.. thank you very much all for your help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that Leo didn't make it. :cry: I know it's an awful feeling & very hard to
get over or deal with. At least he wasn't alone & is not in pain anymore. I think that he was just
too far gone.
My sincere condolences for you.

Tracie

neanbean

Original Poster
thank you for your condolences and apology, it means a lot to me and my family. Leo is resting in a better place now, i’m gonna miss him a ton but i’ll know he’s doing better wherever he is :) i’m going to deactivate this account now, thank you for your sincere advice, may you have all the good this world has to offer (and also to your beardie(s) if you have any).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you lost Leo it's always so sad when a pet passes away . :( My heartfelt sympathy to you + your family.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope that you will stay around, learn & meet other reptile lovers like yourself. You never
know when you will have another dragon come into your life.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom