Beardie won’t eat?

So I recently took my beardie to the vet to treat his MBD. She gave me some calcium injections by the mouth for 60 days. But now my beardie won’t eat at all. I’m trying to feed him more greens because he’s lacking in that. But he won’t even eat his bugs either. He just try’s to walk around with a black beard. I’m not sure what to do. The vet is closed on sundays. Do I forced feed him or let him eat on his own. Some please lmk.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I recently took my beardie to the vet to treat his MBD. She gave me some calcium injections by the mouth for 60 days. But now my beardie won’t eat at all. I’m trying to feed him more greens because he’s lacking in that. But he won’t even eat his bugs either. He just try’s to walk around with a black beard. I’m not sure what to do. The vet is closed on sundays. Do I forced feed him or let him eat on his own. Some please lmk.
Please post a pic of him and his tank and lighting --- surface basking temps and UVB is the MOST important thing in the tank -- black beard means his either in pain or distress and incorrect lighting will cause this --- are you using liquid calcium? Injections as in shots?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
How is his habitat setup?
Improper uvb and basking lead to mbd.
What uvb buld and distance from your beardie. What basking light and what is the basking surface temp? All the calcium in the world don't matter if his lighting isn't correct. It will also affect his mood and appetite.
If you can post pics of your setup.

Alyssavallejos

Original Poster
Please post a pic of him and his tank and lighting --- surface basking temps and UVB is the MOST important thing in the tank -- black beard means his either in pain or distress and incorrect lighting will cause this --- are you using liquid calcium? Injections as in shots?
His basking light is 75 watt and the UVB is still good. His tank always is around 80-90 degrees. The vet provided liquid calcium. The next shot will be tomorrow morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 52

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I also still put him outside to get natural sunlight and soak in warm water in the sun.
UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? Distance and placement is different between the two bulbs and the screen makes a difference as well - especially for a T 8 -- how are you taking the surface basking temps -- 90 is not warm enough to start digestion for a adult dragon that temp should be 95-100 taken w/a digital probe thermometer - outside sun is great but I would not let him soak in water -- 80 degrees on the cool side is good -- but you want ambient temps on the basking side of 90's or better - your dragon will not be able to absorb the calcium w/ out the UVB correctly placed for your tank

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom