Beardie vent looks off

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just gave my boy a bath to help him poop, didn't take long and came out smoothly. I tend to check his vent afterwards to make sure it's clean, but I noticed almost like a yellowish bump? I'm not sure how else to describe it. It doesn't seem to be bothering him, even when I touch it. I did have to remove sperm plugs from him the other day (came out easily and he seemed unfazed) for the first time if that could possibly have anything to do with it. I just want to know if he's okay.

Attachments

• 20220104_104138.jpg
    20220104_104138.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 110

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That could be a bit of swelling from irritation. It doesn't look concerning at the moment, but keep an eye on it for changes. If he isn't straining to poop, that's a good sign. Might be worth offering him some extra hydration though.

brizzyscene

Original Poster
That could be a bit of swelling from irritation. It doesn't look concerning at the moment, but keep an eye on it for changes. If he isn't straining to poop, that's a good sign. Might be worth offering him some extra hydration though.
That was quick omg thank you!
He was straining a bit awhile back so I had to force him to eat more greens and was giving him water in an eye dropper and that helped with that problem. I'll go back to the eye dropper to ensure he's getting enough water rather than just misting and washing his veggies then.
Is there anything I can do for the swelling in the mean time or does it just take time? And are there certain signs I should be looking out for to indicate it might be more of a problem?

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
That was quick omg thank you!
He was straining a bit awhile back so I had to force him to eat more greens and was giving him water in an eye dropper and that helped with that problem. I'll go back to the eye dropper to ensure he's getting enough water rather than just misting and washing his veggies then.
Is there anything I can do for the swelling in the mean time or does it just take time? And are there certain signs I should be looking out for to indicate it might be more of a problem?
if your beardie is hiding or not eating or just letheargic in general then please take him to a vet but other than that the vent looks normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom