Beardie pooping in food dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyce

How do I stop our guy from pooping in his food dish?
And if anyone can answer this; Why does he poop in his food dish?

Thanks,
mom to Spike and Gronkowski

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Do you have the room to move the food dish do a different part of the cage? That might be his designated poop spot.

Joyce

Original Poster
His dish has been moved a few inches but there isn't a lot of options away from the lights.
We will be moving him into a better enclosure this weekend.
So it is basically, location, location, location and I should just accept that that is where he has designated his bathroom to be and just make sure it is clear for him.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm hoping that's it. I had the same problem with my girl then I moved the bowls away from that spot and she continues to poop there and not in her bowls.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Mine is a jerk and poops ON her basking log. :x I have to wash it off every day. Can't really move her log I don't think. She'll poop on it where ever I put it it seems. Silly beardies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Chaosadnd1":210xo2d2 said:
Mine is a ***** and poops ON her basking log. :x I have to wash it off every day. Can't really move her log I don't think. She'll poop on it where ever I put it it seems. Silly beardies.

Jace did that a couple of times. I'm not home enough to clean it up right away so he decided to poop somewhere else because he couldn't stand his own smell :lol:

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
zandi202":30ef7937 said:
Chaosadnd1":30ef7937 said:
Mine is a ***** and poops ON her basking log. :x I have to wash it off every day. Can't really move her log I don't think. She'll poop on it where ever I put it it seems. Silly beardies.

Jace did that a couple of times. I'm not home enough to clean it up right away so he decided to poop somewhere else because he couldn't stand his own smell :lol:

Haha. maybe she'll learn when on my 12 hour shifts!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Hope so, good luck! Jace had a wood one and there's only so many times you can watch it before it starts to crack and splinter.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
I had a wooden one in there at first but i couldnt get the right temps with the way it sat. I actually bought a err...plastic one? or whatever from petsmart and she can get within 8ish inches of the basking light now. That is her spot now. Sleeps right there too all sprawled out like she were a cat in a tree. Also poops there :banghead:

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Yeah honestly it's just rinsing it off. Is there a good cleaning product to use that wont harm beardies? Been wondering about her food dish..the thing she never touches. Also her climbing stuff..

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I go to beardeddragon.co and buy the pink cleaning bottle. Kills everything. You have to wait 10 min after cleaning before putting the babe back in their viv

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Simon poops in his food bowl too. I'd rather he poop there than on the carpet I have in there. It sticks to the carpet and doesn't come off. I just wash his bowl with 1:10 water to bleach and rinse with really hot water til I can no longer smell the bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom