Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

m7ak

Original Poster
Thanks.

Phil seems to be doing well now. Her appetite is coming back and she looks like she feels better. Thank you for your help. You deffenitly saved her.

thanks

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
m7ak":fd01c said:
Thanks.

Phil seems to be doing well now. Her appetite is coming back and she looks like she feels better. Thank you for your help. You deffenitly saved her.

thanks

You are most welcome.

This is great news! Thanks for updating me. I hope Phil continues to do and feel well. :)

The best,
Em

m7ak

Original Poster
Ok Phil is doing pretty good now. She is pooping about every 2 or 3 days. So she is on her way back to being regular.

How do i get her to eat her vegies???????

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
m7ak":45abd said:
Ok Phil is doing pretty good now. She is pooping about every 2 or 3 days. So she is on her way back to being regular.

How do i get her to eat her vegies???????

Great to hear that Phil is continuing to do better. :D

Have you tried placing some greens over her phoenix worms? This has done wonders with our girl. It required a bit of tough love though. The first few days of chopped mustard greens or collards over her worms, she gave me SERIOUS stink eye until I removed them. After that, I just stopped removing them... tough love. It's been a few months now, and she eats the greens along with her worms everyday. She still tries to hunt and peck, but I put so many greens on top that she can't help but get some in. Anymore, she's figured out that if she eats a few, she can uncover the worms. I have had luck with fruit by hand feeding... however, today, for the first time she ate a bit of cherry all by herself, food not moving, and me not hand feeding. A BIG day in our house. She's 10 months.

It's a process for many dragons. Just keep offering... and hang in there!

The best, and good to hear from you!

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom