Beardie never wants to move- when is he actually brumating?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's possible that being near the windows scares him, he can see a lot of birds + things that he would instinctively view as predators. That's just a guess, but also something to rule out maybe by covering the views outside. Did the vet take a blood test ?

katk

Original Poster
It's possible that being near the windows scares him, he can see a lot of birds + things that he would instinctively view as predators. That's just a guess, but also something to rule out maybe by covering the views outside. Did the vet take a blood test ?
I doubt it's the windows- he's been there for about a year and half and seemed much happier when we moved him there which is why we did it- he was glass surfing more before. (When he was basking he'd just sit and stare out the window all day- seemingly contentedly). When I cover the windows he tends to act sleepier because that's what I do at bedtime. I took him to the vet last August or September and there was no blood test- only fecal. That vet closed suddenly without warning in April and I haven't found another yet. (But just left a message for one I found on the arav site).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I doubt it's the windows- he's been there for about a year and half and seemed much happier when we moved him there which is why we did it- he was glass surfing more before. (When he was basking he'd just sit and stare out the window all day- seemingly contentedly). When I cover the windows he tends to act sleepier because that's what I do at bedtime. I took him to the vet last August or September and there was no blood test- only fecal. That vet closed suddenly without warning in April and I haven't found another yet. (But just left a message for one I found on the arav site).
Please no enemas if you go to the vet- please get a fecal and take w/you- get copies of all work done - Tracie can read your blood test done and explain them as well -

katk

Original Poster
Checking back in again--the vet I found is completely booked for the next few weeks. Will keep trying to find someone. In the meantime, he is still refusing to bask. I moved him the basking area this morning and he actually stayed there for about three hours- I was getting hopeful until he moved into his hide, which he never does. He was acting like he was trying to burrow in there (I have reptile carpet, not shavings or sand). Is there really no way he could be brumating this time of year??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Checking back in again--the vet I found is completely booked for the next few weeks. Will keep trying to find someone. In the meantime, he is still refusing to bask. I moved him the basking area this morning and he actually stayed there for about three hours- I was getting hopeful until he moved into his hide, which he never does. He was acting like he was trying to burrow in there (I have reptile carpet, not shavings or sand). Is there really no way he could be brumating this time of year??
Yes - what about eating? If he basket for 3 hours that's good

katk

Original Poster
Yes - what about eating? If he basket for 3 hours that's good
He ate a little bit two days ago. I was about to feed him when I discovered he'd gone in his hide so now it's too late. He hasn't pooped in at least two weeks. But he doesn't poop very often because he doesn't eat or move around very much. (Baths have never helped and he won't eat pumpkin.)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He ate a little bit two days ago. I was about to feed him when I discovered he'd gone in his hide so now it's too late. He hasn't pooped in at least two weeks. But he doesn't poop very often because he doesn't eat or move around very much. (Baths have never helped and he won't eat pumpkin.)
It's not uncommon for them not to poop for long periods- keep him hydrated either drop water on his nose see if he will lick if not you can syringe feed but you must go slowly let him swallow what you put in- you don't want him aspirating - you can try feeding unsweetened applesauce add a little like a drop or two of honey-- baby food prunes will also work- keep feeding till he goes- warning he may have a blow out-

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom