Beardie Nail Issues. (Kind of urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonador

scaled.php

I just received my bearded dragon from owners who never trimmed her nails...she keeps getting her toes caught in her paper towels. Can I clip her nails, or should I go to a vet? (I'd like to get it done now, but...) Thanks in advance.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
you can clip them up to the point where the black starts to show. any further and they'll bleed. you can also use a nail file while she's sleeping.

i went to home depot and got tiles to line the viv. i just picked ones that felt rough. they help with filing down the nails.
slate also works. pretty much anything that is a little rough that they will walk on will help.

Sonador

Original Poster
I'm going to pick up some tiles at Home Depot sometime this weekend. For the time being, she's on paper towel.

Should use human nail clippers?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i used the smallest clippers i had. and you might want to dip them in rubbing alcohol when you're done.

Sonador

Original Poster
Thank you for the advice! I just finished clipping her nails...she was a bit impatient, but other then that everything went smoothly. She no longer makes noise when she moves and her toes don't get nearly as tangled up when she walks. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom