beardie is huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is oddly bloated, but it appears that way because of how she's standing. Has she ever been with a male ? How long have you had her ? At 10 months she's pretty young to have developed infertile eggs, but that may be the case. And if she's been with a male, then she is almost surely gravid. If she starts digging around her tank, you'll know she's about to lay. Most females will be non- stop hungry, but then also stop eating a few days before laying. There is a good tutorial in the breeding forum about what to do if your beardie is going to lay eggs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She appears pretty bloated. She could have eggs at 10 months of age. Is she housed alone?
How large are the feeders you feed her? They should be smaller than the space between the eyes to help avoid impaction.
I would feel gently for some eggs, but a vet visit would be a good idea. They can do an x-ray on her to determine if she has eggs or is impacted.

Let us know how she is doing. Is she acting normal otherwise?

Tracie

beardie11

Original Poster
I could do xray at work. I work in xray dept. I give her large ones. Maybe I should do small. What can I do for bloating.I don't have alot of money fire a special vet. I was giving her alot of waxworms. Which could be a problem so I stopped. I'm just puzzled...

beardie11

Original Poster
I was.giving her 8 worms ever other day. I stopped. She.is
Better I cut down her food to 8 crickets every day along with greens and pellets. I hope.i'm doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom