Beardie fall

EmberRising

Beardie name(s)
Ember
So Ember jumped off a chair yesterday and landed funny. Her left arm was kind of under her and she kind of dragged herself towards the wall and then stopped moving. I freaked out. I put her back in her Viv and she was black bearding and mouth breathing but not moving. Took her to our exotics vet and they palpated her and gave her an X-ray. They couldn’t find anything wrong. At one point, she tried to bolt off the table, and that made me feel better bc she moved and looked normal. The vet gave me an anti inflammatory for her. Today, when she woke up, she came out of her hide and is still mouth breathing and definitely not walking normally. She’s moving all of her limbs but kind of dragging her body. No more black beard. Any help? I am so worried about my baby!!

EmberRising

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ember
Her black beard is back. Here is a pic. She just looks slightly out of it - not alert like normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 93

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I might would go back to the vet and ask for an ultrasound. I think they can see the organs better that way. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in if I'm wrong.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her black beard is back. Here is a pic. She just looks slightly out of it - not alert like normal.
Shes in pain -- I would get her on something soft to bask on for now --- all her lighting needs to be up to par that is going to help --- but get her back in something is off -- I am going to flag AHBD to see if she can help --- Tracie can help here as well
@AHBD
@Drache613

EmberRising

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ember
Thank you, guys! I called the vet this morning and they said that dragons take a while to heal so it may be a week before we see improvement. My poor baby … I just hate to see her like this! Here is her new sick bed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 82

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you, guys! I called the vet this morning and they said that dragons take a while to heal so it may be a week before we see improvement. My poor baby … I just hate to see her like this! Here is her new sick bed.
Please lower the UVB it looks too far away --- it needs to be directly over her w/ a distance of 12-15 inches I would get it down to atleast 13 above her this will help w/ the healing process

EmberRising

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ember
Please lower the UVB it looks too far away --- it needs to be directly over her w/ a distance of 12-15 inches I would get it down to atleast 13 above her this will help w/ the healing process
Yes! Will do. I lowered her basking platform so it is easier for her to get on, but now she is 15” away. I was wondering if I should get her closer. Thank you!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She does look more comfortable on her pillow there. They are so fast & are always trying to
jump off of things! I'm glad nothing is broken but she is probably sore. Which anti-inflammatory
did the vet give?
I hope she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, thanks. The Meloxicam is routinely given for pain & inflammation. Watch for black bearding
& loss of appetite, as this medication can be a little hard on them so be sure to keep her well hydrated
while she is on that medication.

Tracie

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
As an "experienced BD mom"..they don't always make great choices lol. Thanks for trying your best to help your baby. Extra lighting and heat seem to help the healing process. Hope your little sweetie is feeling better soon!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please keep us posted on your little one. I hope she is doing better! Feel free to show
more pictures when you can also.

Tracie

EmberRising

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ember
Ember still seems to be in a lot of pain. All I can figure is that she has the lizard equivalent of what I’ve experienced as a stiff neck. It seems like she has a hard time lifting her head to get up on her basking spot. I’m going to try to lower it more. Still having a hard time getting around. Should I be worried? The vet had said it takes them a long time to heal, but I don’t want to miss a real problem.

She did eat a raspberry a couple days ago, so at least she ate, but hasn’t touched her food since.

I really appreciate everyone’s input on here! I’m so glad we have this community!

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 70

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ember does look like she is having some pain. Is the Meloxicam not working very well for her?
If you wanted to try another supplement to help with pain, you can consider using Serrapeptase
which is an enzyme from silkworms. It is very effective for pain, swelling & inflammation & it's
all natural, too. I have it on my online reptile website if you wanted to try it.
Let us know how she is doing, I hope she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom