Beardie doesn't eat when I'm away

PipRT

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taquito
Hey all, I've got a beardie , he's about a year old, and he normally eats perfectly, acts happy and attentive, all his temperatures and such are correct and he's generally very content, but I recently went on a couple trips, one lasted 4 days, the other 7. The people I had watching him are people he is familiar with, they have both fed and handled him more than once and they both reported that the first day he ate just fine, but by the end of the second day/when he realizes I'm gone, he stops eating until I get home, and as soon as I do, i feed him, he eats, and hes back to his normal self. Does anyone else have this experience? I'm not sure what to do about it, I just don't want him to go days without eating every time I leave town.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah, i have 5 and all 5 tend to act like that when i have someone else watch them.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom