Beardie Does not know what a food bowl is... Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

Original Poster
Thank you it just a normal food bowl from petsmart. And by he doesn't know what it is, is that when I left it in there he did not eat the whole day. So I have instead been putting on the floor of the cage for the past 2 weeks. So he/she sees it.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
With both of my beardies if they can't see something wiggle inside the bowl they pay zero attention to it, except for their veggie bowl, they quickly learned what that is but i had to use a very shallow bowl. Their worm bowl I have to place below their baskIng spot so they'll see them wiggle and jump down after them.

slifer892

Original Poster
Thanks guys I will try putting the feeding bowl by the basking spot as soon as I get my reptiworms in. :D

Scales

Jörmungand also didn't take to his food bowl either. He prefers his salad strewn about on top of a large piece of slate where it gets warm and slightly wilted. Linziehonn's right on...this morning I tossed his crickets in a deep-ish bowl instead of just dropping them in the viv and he literally jumped right in and went to town. I think something clicked, then, because he sauntered over to the salad bowl and helped himself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom