Beardie died tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aocain

Hi-
I just went to turn off my lamps for my 2 girls ( beardies) and my older one had died. She has been acting weird for a few days but she ate so I wasn't sure if she was sick. But usually shes very aggressive esp when it comes to eating time, and the past week shes been very docile. The 2 girls are seperated so I know my other girl didn't hurt her and there are no injuries anyways. I just don't know what happened. I adopted her about 2 years ago and she had always been a hand full - behavior wise. She had heat and uv- water and food.. a very large enclosure. I'm just dumbfounded. I don't know what I expect to find out- ya'll aren't psychics but I guess I'm scared my other girl may get sick. She was only about 4.
any ideas would help...I don't want to lose my other girl.

Thanks

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
I'm very sorry to hear that, and I have some questions for you too.

What type UV bulb were you using?
What substrate? (Sand is a complete no-no.)
What food did you feed her?
What were the temps in her basking spot?

Just answer these questions if you have the time, and I'll tell you if you were doing anything wrong.
So sorry that happened to you. Beardies become so close to you it's almost like they're your kid.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am very sorry to hear about your loss, that is devastating when it happens that way. :cry:
Could she have eaten something poisonous perhaps? If she had not been acting quite normal the past few days, it was most likely a problem with her kidneys or liver. Has she ever laid eggs before, or not?
The only surefire way to determine the exact cause of death unfortunately, is to get a necropsy done on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom