Beardie ate Lightning bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for keeping her in your thoughts and for the nice comments. I'll post an update after I see her tonight.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear about this happening. She is a fighter and you handled things very well. She is under constant care right now and it sounds like the vet is amazing.

Lola is gorgeous, I'm glad that you're going to see her tonight and take her beanie baby, she needs that. Good luck, thinking about both of you.

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, They let me keep her beanie baby in her incubater. She was very lethargic, and her eyes were sunken in. The vet said the beardie at the zoo showed improvement after 48hours. They are also thinking she may have an obstruction. She hasn't poop at all today. :( She said the next 24 hours should tell us where she is heading. I held her and she was so skinny. :(

I'm very pleased with the vet if anyone lives in Northern VA, you should check them out. They are called Pender Exotics in Fairfax!

I am so glad to hear you at least got to see her and she was able to keep her baby in her incubator with her. Hopefully a little piece and scent of home will help her feel better too. She's so beautiful. I wish there was an awesome vet like yours closer to me. We have one that's good but Exotic good herp vets are hard to find. You have done so much for your little dragon, above and beyond. She's lucky to have such a good pet owner. I hope tomorrow brings better news and soon we can see pictures of her recouping.

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you.. I do believe she is the most pretty beardie! (of course in my eyes!) She seemed to look up and opened her eyes a little more when she saw me but I could see she was exhausted. I would do anything to ensure she makes it through this. I'm really happy I found them, her regular vet actually was pushing me to do a pellet diet a while ago when I had no problem feeding live bugs and greens! He was supposed to be the best in the area.. :|

mellu

Juvie Member
She is absolutely gorgeous. Good luck Lola and mommy, I'll be thinking about you tonight, we're all rooting for you!

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We called the vet this morning:

Lola had walked across the table and she has not thrown up so far today! But no poop today :(.. We are still unsure. I will be seeing her later this evening.

Those are all good signs :) She sounds like a tough cookie. Thanks for keeping us posted on how she is. We're all pulling for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's GREAT news ! That's a real improvement, just walking a little. It sounds as if she's turning the corner, and double good news if she hasn't vomited.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, sounds like she has made some improvements. :p Sounds like she isn't lethargic like she was and must be stronger if she was able to walk across the table, she must have her eyes open too. Please let us know how she is doing tonight after you see her.

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the support! I saw her today and she looked a lot more orange (last night she was almost white she was so pale). Her beard and tip of her tail were also a lot less dark. She has not thrown up all day and when we took her out of the incubator she pooped! It was all urate but the vet said that's great because that means her kidneys are working. Everyone is so amazed at the hospital she has made it this far.. They were talking about publishing the information about her treatment if she makes it! She still is really weak but she has made a lot of improvement. We are still unsure of the outcome. I'll post an update tomorrow morning!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Very, very encouraging news! She sure is a fighter, you must be SO proud of her. I know she has a ways to go but this is all good news. :D

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! They called this morning and did say she threw up once. But she moved to lay on top of her Leopard!! And it was all the way in the other corner of the incubator. I am so proud of her! They are going to call us mid morning with another update on how she is keeping down food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom