Beardie ate a wasp

AJG

Beardie name(s)
Habanero
Hello,

This post exists to add an anecdote to help anyone who frantically Googles for help when their Beardie accidentally eats a wasp. I come to this site periodically and it's been helpful. So, hopefully this story helps ease the mind of someone else who has the same experience.

As the title states, my Beardie ate a wasp. He was sitting on our back patio yesterday (I live in the South. It was 80F and sunny). A wasp got into the screened in patio. My wife took a swing at it with a dust pan. She missed but the air blew the wasp into the area directly in front of the beardie. He hit that wasp like a high velocity round from a rifle. My wife and I were thoroughly alarmed so I ran in here to look up what happens if your beardie eats a wasp. The answer is, apparently your beardie gets a snack. He looked quite pleased with himself and toured the patio looking for more.

We paid close attention to him for the next couple of hours but he didn't blackbeard or show any other distress. Later he ate his daily allotment of crickets and this morning he's fine.

So I would offer the same advice. Do NOT feed your beardie bees or wasps. If it eats one, pay very close attention and look for signs of distress. But, the chances seem high that the beardie will be unharmed.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I am TERRIFIED of stuff like this happening. Glad to hear he just got a snack and that was that 😂

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom