Bearded dragon won’t poop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
My bearded dragon is about 7 or 8 months old and I recently just got her a new tank. It is 48X18X18. I moved her in about a week and a half ago and she hasn’t poop since. She doesn’t seem stressed or anything she eats and drinks and runs around. I’ve tried giving her baths and rubbing her stomach and I’ve tried giving her puréed prunes she still hasn’t poop. I’m not sure if I should take her to the vet yet.

She has reptile carpet for substrate
She eats super worms and wax worms with collard greens and dandelion greens sometimes. She’s very picky.
I just replaced her uvb bulb in December it’s a zoomed reptisun 10.0 t5ho and she has 100 or 150 watt bulb in her basking area and a 75 watt bulb on the cool side
She also has a ceramic heat lamp for night time too. I live in Massachusetts and I was blessed with the coldest room in my house.
I’m not sure what to do to get her to poop. I don’t want her to get sick from it.

Thank you

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. It's normal for them to not poop often as they get older. Sometimes mine won't go for a week or two. You can give applesauce plain to see if that helps.

Meganbeaudry99

Original Poster
destiny1998":j9xp3ok1 said:
Hi. It's normal for them to not poop often as they get older. Sometimes mine won't go for a week or two. You can give applesauce plain to see if that helps.

Sooo I gave her a long bath last night and was massaging her stomach for a while and she still didn’t poop. I’m at work right now and she took a big poop. Right after I made an appointment for the vet. Do you think I should still bring her even though she pooped. Shes never been to the vet

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, Destiny is correct. They can go a long while and the stress from the move probably contributed. It would be best to offer other insects + limit superworms. Crickets, roaches + silkworms. No need to see a vet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom