bearded dragon too calm

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my little baby dusk about 1 month ago. she is currently 3 months old. I have one concern. she is TOO calm. there has been no "bonding process" or anything. since day one, she would let me pick her up, and wouldn't care at all. she loves to explore my room and is healthy and active. she has had no past ownership as I got her from a PetSmart. she has no signs of disease, she eats and poops well, and she sleeps well. she is unfazed by mostly everything. in fact, she will jump off my hand when she's like, five feet in the air. is this normal for a beardie? I've never seen a bearded dragon be this calm before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i got my little baby dusk about 1 month ago. she is currently 3 months old. I have one concern. she is TOO calm. there has been no "bonding process" or anything. since day one, she would let me pick her up, and wouldn't care at all. she loves to explore my room and is healthy and active. she has had no past ownership as I got her from a PetSmart. she has no signs of disease, she eats and poops well, and she sleeps well. she is unfazed by mostly everything. in fact, she will jump off my hand when she's like, five feet in the air. is this normal for a beardie? I've never seen a bearded dragon be this calm before.
Please no more jumping -- we get so many people on here w/ babies that have jumped off of them and they get seriously hurt -- please let her acclimate to her tank and surroundings - she needs time to adjust to her tank --- the too calm is concerning --- is she active in the tank exploring basking eating? Lighting and basking temps are the MOST important things in the tank --- please go over the UVB your using and the basking SURFACE temps --- those must be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons

duskthedragon22

Original Poster
Please no more jumping -- we get so many people on here w/ babies that have jumped off of them and they get seriously hurt -- please let her acclimate to her tank and surroundings - she needs time to adjust to her tank --- the too calm is concerning --- is she active in the tank exploring basking eating? Lighting and basking temps are the MOST important things in the tank --- please go over the UVB your using and the basking SURFACE temps --- those must be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons
yeah, i try to limit the jumping. i will hold her firmly usually, and when i let her run around, it's on the floor, not a high area. she explores her tank a lot, basks, and eats. i will get a digital probe, thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yeah, i try to limit the jumping. i will hold her firmly usually, and when i let her run around, it's on the floor, not a high area. she explores her tank a lot, basks, and eats. i will get a digital probe, thanks.
If your using a coil for a UVB please get rid of it--- they are inadequate for a UVB ----- they will cause all kinds of health issues - right now she is young but as time progresses it will effect her --- I can recommend good UVB's for her please let me know I will post websites or you can look at the Pet stores most do not carry what we recommend

duskthedragon22

Original Poster
If your using a coil for a UVB please get rid of it--- they are inadequate for a UVB ----- they will cause all kinds of health issues - right now she is young but as time progresses it will effect her --- I can recommend good UVB's for her please let me know I will post websites or you can look at the Pet stores most do not carry what we recommend
no, i don't use a coil. i believe it has three long tubes? i don't know if that's good or not. her lights aren't colored either.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
no, i don't use a coil. i believe it has three long tubes? i don't know if that's good or not. her lights aren't colored either.
thats a coil --- only long tube ones -- I have seen those -- please get a 24" Zoo Med comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it use it for a back up you want a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or this one Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12 % bulb
This is what you want -- they are the best on the market at this time --- please let me know if you get one so I can help you place it in the tank --- they have certain distance and placement your screen on the tank will determine where they go

duskthedragon22

Original Poster
got it, i will get it as soon as possible.
thats a coil --- only long tube ones -- I have seen those -- please get a 24" Zoo Med comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it use it for a back up you want a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or this one Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12 % bulb
This is what you want -- they are the best on the market at this time --- please let me know if you get one so I can help you place it in the tank --- they have certain distance and placement your screen on the tank will determine where they go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom