Bearded dragon shaking head non stop - video link included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamiam214

Before I am asked if everything is right, it is. Her tank is the right temps, she has all of the right lights and she is given vitamins, calcium and has the best uvb money can buy. She had an episode two months ago where she couldn't use her whole left side, she was dragging it. After one day it went away and I never thought of it again. For the last coupe of weeks she has been shaking her head like in the video, but it is becoming more noticeable. I am going to get her into a vet ASAP but they are closed today- please help me with ideas of what it could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJuCX_TpzZ8

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
I can't play the video on my phone but it could be metabolic bone disease or vitamin b deficiency. These both can cause tremors and spasms. I know you say the setup and vitamins are correct but how far is the uv light away etc and what do you feed? The temporary paralysis is a worry, was there any risk of impaction at that time? It could be there is some underlying neurological issue, definitely good idea taking her to the vet just make sure they handle exotics. Hope she is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom