Bearded Dragon Mouth Rot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch123

Original Poster
The saliva was normal coloured (clear) and it did look a bit stringy...

Uhh I think you should go to my other topic, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I have pictures there now.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
Thanks for posting the pics.I think besides the impaction he may have prolapsed a bit as well its a very hard to tell.He also looks very dehydrated but the thing that concerns me te most is his breathing and the mucous which is a very probabke sign of an RI.I dont see anything wrong with his coloring on the outside of his mouth but he does appear to be in distress.I know its sunday but I would make arrangements to get him to the vet first thing tomorrow.In the meantime you need to make sure he is warm and hydrated.What the pet store told you about the bath is a good idea and we went over your temps for day which is fine.Try not to let the temp fall below 80 tonight.It also is a good idea to use a rice sock.What you do is take uncooked rice and put it in a tube sock.Then tie the end and put it in the microwave until its nice and toasty then lay him on it and wrap both him and the sock in a blankie(towel).I am really sorry he isnt doing well for you.Please keep us posted.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, I will go take a look. I am going to merge your two topics though so we don't get confused & we can keep all of the information together more easily.
He does not look good, no. He appears to be in distress with that black beard, & is very dehydrated.
Are you getting oral fluids into him? Try giving him a bath as well, to try & get him hydrated.
Keep him a little warmer tonight at least 75-80 to help out his immune system.
Do you have UVB lighting? Do you supplement calcium on a regular basis?

Tracie

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
its monday now just wondering if you have any updates for us?
how is he doing?
did you get a vet appointment?
let us know

*waits patiently....*

Mitch123

Original Poster
Well, we took him to the emergency clinic last night. It turned out that his red blood cell count was to low due to some kind of parasite....
This clinic didn't specalize in reptiles so we figured we'd transport him to one that did.

But sadly, around 9 last night,w e got a call from the clinic.

He had passed away... :cry:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh I am so sorry to hear that.I know how horrible it feels to lose an animal so please know if you need to talk we are all her for you :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss of your dragon. How devastating that is. We got to him too late. :cry:

Tracie

Mitch123

Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words, but i took a day off school yesturday to think.

And i thought that Nick wouldn't want me to be sad, he'd want me to move on and help other animals live good lifes.

So, looking for my next pet has definatley helped to keep my mind off him. And im thinking of getting either another bearded dragon or a blue tongued skink.

What are your guy's thoughts on that?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hmm i know nothing about blue tongued skinks so id go with another beardie! one that would love a very good beardie slave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom