Bearded Dragon is laying eggs (first hatchlings 10/20/09 pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgoetter

Original Poster
just checked before i was heading to bed to see anohter little baby head popping out :blob8:

hopefully by morning he will be outside of the egg i'll take another picture when i wake up :D

l_7c8321c30cfa4015b7436fde2f0cc134.jpg

mgoetter

Original Poster
thank you!

my gf sent these pics to m... havnt been home to see them yet, but 2 are out of the eggs and all but one have their heads now popping out of their egg :blob5:

l_4ada62a9698749cf96c3bba891463fb3.jpg

l_4803f3f9cda1467fafee9981a821d846.jpg

mgoetter

Original Poster
Just got home and took some pics.. all 3 eggs now how heads poppin out of them and so far 4 of them are out of their eggs

here are the pics so far

l_84336ce2b5984cdf96f3ac20d24e22bb.jpg

l_35f734f7c6054127861f7c8cc9b687bc.jpg

l_9966b87b8afc4439a96930b22c238fd1.jpg

mom and pops

l_d3a606436c694d6593e9ed059f397f0d.jpg

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Just a tip, I would recommend taking out the substrate and putting the babies on paper towels!! And they are cute as can be!! :wink:

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
looking great, now i can't wait for mine to hatch, only 30 more days or so! i agree with the above post, babies should be on paper towel or newspaper but def not sand.

mgoetter

Original Poster
the last 3 hatched on the day of my last post :D

all healthy and very active.. as they get bigger i may separate them but for now i am just keeping them in a small 15 gallon cage with the basics.. misting them a couple times a day and they started eating today :blob8:

i took the paper towel advice because when i was misting them before they would get covered in the sand.. i thought the sand may work but now i see why every one recommends paper towels :p

l_e429576f2fe14d229abe0c5a5aff9df6.jpg

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad you switched to paper towels :D
Not only does it stick to the babies, but it can cause impaction if they swallow some.

They are so cute!! So there's a total of...7?

mgoetter

Original Poster
yep, 7 little ones.. they are really funny to watch :lol:

i cant get them interested in crickets for some reason though.. 2nd day i introduced some and had to swap them over to the big tank again

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
what cute babies! one quick question for you thats a really nice incubator you have what does something like that cost and where did you get it? i am looking for something better then what i have to hatch chicken eggs. the one i have is having issues holdng temps and i have no humidity control i recently had 15 chicken eggs in it and two duck eggs i lost all except one chicken and one duck.the chicken had issues and i lost it a week later the duck is doing well and currently living in my kitchen as he has no one his age to live with or play with so he thinks hes people!. his name is nick as in nick of time because i thought the eggs were all dead and was about to shut the incubator down. he was late hatching by over a week. my incubator is the one they sell at fleet farm. i have also hatched guinea fowl with it and had issues with chicks getting stuck in the egg due to too low humitidy and chicks who couldent walk and i had to make little braces for their legs. they all ended up ok but i know those problems are from this incubator

mgoetter

Original Poster
I can't remember the name off the top of my head but when I get off work I will get you a link for it.. The incubator is excellent at holding temp.. Very easy to set but it doesn't have many options for humidity as far as I could tell.. The humidity stuck right around 80 percent the entire time.. Which is very close to what I was looking for but if I needed it more humid I'm not sure how to adjust it.. They are very cheap and it is a great incubator.. I have little experience with mine and got 100 percent hatch on the eggs I kept.. So I am very happy with it.. Price was around 60 to 70 bucks if I remember correctly.. Bargain imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom