Bearded dragon hasn't eaten for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How far above the basking area is your Arcadia 14%? Are you using a fixture with a reflector? Those are very powerful so there should be areas available with little to no UVB to offer some relief from the intense UVB if desired.

Fin

Original Poster
Its a the top of our 4x2x2 ft vivarium with a reflector and yes they have plenty of cover from it if they want.

Fin

Original Poster
Well just bought some locusts back and they ate all of them chasing them around the vivarium like mad! Is it just that they are really really fussy?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It certainly sounds like it, doesn't it...If a lack of appetite is their only symptom yet they love new insects types, that's what it sounds like...It's only odd that it's both of them...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I didn't think there was really anything wrong from the start. Like I said, some dragons go through phases where different foods go from very much desired to suddenly not . The dragons are just somewhat picky.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
AHBD":36skuimy said:
I didn't think there was really anything wrong from the start. Like I said, some dragons go through phases where different foods go from very much desired to suddenly not . The dragons are just somewhat picky.

I totally agree with you AHBD, but don't you think it's weird that both dragons are having the exact same symptom or rather the same behavior at the same time? And they aren't even in the same room, lol...that's the only reason that I thought that something might be wrong environmentally or with his stock of insects, since those are the two things they would have in common, they eat from the same stocks of insects and greens/veggies, and I assume they both have the same husbandry in their enclosures (though it's excellent husbandry)....

I guess he's just lucky enough to have 2 extremely picky dragons!!! Lol...that is what it sounds like to me too. They seem like very healthy, happy dragons and your husbandry is spot-on perfect.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
AHBD":1qp2pg2u said:
I know, stumps us sometimes but they do go through phases.

Yep, they are both extremely unique and confusing little buggers...and they do worry us like no other pet I have ever made a part of my family, that's for sure. I wish I knew what was going on inside those little brains. A lot of people answer that with "Not much", but I don't believe that for a second, lol. They know exactly what's going on and what they are doing...

Fin

Original Poster
Yeah I agree! I’m more relaxed now as I’ve checked them thoroughly with nothing wrong with them and their not losing weight at all really. Thanks for the help and support ;)

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Mine hasnt eaten in 10 days i took him to the vet he gave my beardie meds and a shot of b12 hes was more active today she actually wentvto bed 1 hour early today and she basked a bit but wasnt interested on food i run a 65 watt flood light with a t5 10,0 reptisun uvb ranges from 60 to 100 micro watts i just put her in this new enclosure 1 week and a half about the same time im having this problems
97755-7180362441.jpg
this is her setup basking ranges from 98 to 102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom