My 11 year old bearded dragon developed a growth on his head two months ago.

fippy031102

Beardie name(s)
Spike
Hello guys, my bearded dragon developed a growth on his head two months ago in which I took him to the vet on July 7th, the results came back a week later and the CT Scan came out inconclusive on whether it was either a abcess, hematoma, or a aneurysm. The first two weeks the mass grew in size and just a week and half ago it was turning red and looked like it was going to burst. However, now it is turning darker color and hasn't seemed to grow anymore.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello guys, my bearded dragon developed a growth on his head two months ago in which I took him to the vet on July 7th, the results came back a week later and the CT Scan came out inconclusive on whether it was either a abcess, hematoma, or a aneurysm. The first two weeks the mass grew in size and just a week and half ago it was turning red and looked like it was going to burst. However, now it is turning darker color and hasn't seemed to grow anymore.
Please post a pic of the dragons head -- what kind of UVB are you using coil or long tube fixture? Surface basking temps are what and how are you taking them? Analogs are inaccurate

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures you could post of his head?
How is he doing today?
What you could do if there is still an area which is like an
abscess, etc, you can use some raw unpasteurized honey
or silver gel or cream on it to see if it helps out for the area.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom