bearded dragon ear infection? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got bearded dragon from some random at the pet store and im starting to notice some thing wrong both of her ears are covered and look infected with black brownish spots wish i could post a pic but i dont know how too

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Does any of the spots come off when wiping with a tissue? If you rub the area with a white tissue and see little black dots on the tissue, you may have mites. Just a thought.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was it like that since you got her and is it on both ears ? I can't see what that matter is, was she kept on eco earth , like dark coco fiber ? It looks like that, or it could be mites or even poo. Try using a Q-tip to very gently swab that with a betadine solution. Water it down to look like iced tea....you can get it at any drug store. Or use a plain tissue like Daisy mentioned, then see if there are tiny moving bugs.

shanervogt

Original Poster
when i got her she was in a cage with like dirt similar to gardening soil and im a lil scared to wipe it i dont wanna hurt her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If she was kept on dark soil it may be that. Give her a bath and dribble water over her head to see if some of it washes down. And can you get another pic of the other ear with the yellowish color but from further back showing more of her body [ but still close ]

shanervogt

Original Poster
im going to bring her to the vet but in the mean time i wanna ask around and get a bit of knowledge because the vets in my town don't deal with reptiles soo i have to find one out of town.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think it's just a bit of the dirt from the tank she was in. Have you tried pouring some water over her head yet ? If not, just go ahead + do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom