Bathing Dragon while Lights off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebedoi

Hey guys is it okay to bathe my beardie while she's half asleep ? That seems to be the only time she's calm and mellow ( Still her first week with us ). Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You want the lights to still be on because you want to make sure she can bask after the bath to warm back up, and completely dry off.

-Brandon

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
Yep, make sure the lights stay on. It's the first week, so don't worry too much about bathing and handling and taming and all that stuff - just get it settled in and feeding consistently first. :)

-Jen

AmberC

Hatchling Member
I like to bathe Sasha in the morning right before or right after his lights come on because he's still pretty lethargic and he doesn't spaz out so much. But they do need to be able to bask for a minimum of 2 hours after a bath.

Freaking out at bath time is pretty common, and normal, for awhile. It took our 2 yr old dragon about a full year to "accept" bath time. He gets one every day, that's how we manage the poop, and now he just sits there until he goes. Then he starts moving around trying to get away from it. Our 8 month old still has a panic attack at every bath, but he is getting a little better as time goes on. He will learn, especially as he gets bigger, that he can touch the bottom and he's not going to drown. Just be patient, but don't give up on baths, they are important. I agree with the previous posters, wait until after the lights have come on and do bath time in the morning or midday.

the others have said lights on, and i agree. if it helps, baby is still adjusting to the new digs.. my little guy took about a week to calm down. and hated hated baths- he'd squirm like the dickens when he heard a faucet! i jut held him on my hand, and let him sit on me- about a month later, he just about dives in, and today, he actually did not want to get out! i fill my bathtub (cleaned!) a bit and put down an old towel so he has something to run around on..he kept going to the 'deep' end and swimming around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom