bathing babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a baby, make sure the bath is shallow (no higher than the elbows or so) and try putting a washcloth at the bottom of a container to provide some traction. They often freak out for the first few seconds and then calm down. It's a judgement call though. If the bath appears to be really stressful, stop providing them for a while and try again a few weeks down the road. They can still shed without the baths so it's not worth the stress in some cases.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, if the baby is terrified of the bathing you can skip it and just spritz him in the tank to help loosen the skin. Not a big spray of water, just a spritz....and for extra hydration you can let water dribble on his snout for a drink.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Even though my girl isn't a baby, she never had baths before I got her and she was 8 months. What I found that seemed to help was obviously water level, and then also putting a rock that she could climb on in the water with her. Then i was splash water on her gently, and dribble it on her snout, and then i also put her in the water next to the rock and let her climb out. It seemed to work really well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom