Backyard Rock for basking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm setting up my terrarium and where I live there is an abundance of rocks around. Question is how can I sterilize it/them? I'd rather not pay for rocks but I don't want to make my beardie sick either.

Hot water, a scrub brush, and bleach. Give them a good scrub and thorough rinse, be sure to get all the bleach residue off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In addition to cleaning rocks using the method described, you can use nice wide branches for climbing and basking. I like driftwood but if you have hardwood branches around they will work too. Just rinse them off well and bake them in the oven at 250 or so for about 45 min to sanitize them.

LunaLuna39

Original Poster
I would love to find drift wood. Unfortunately I won't find any around here...I'm in Ontario Canada. It's crazy expensive to buy.
Should I bake the rocks too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom