Babysitting beardie, and he vomitted!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdBloodedLove

Original Poster
He won't eat anything you guys :(
What do I do? Do I force feed him?? How long is it okay for him to not eat after he threw up?

He had some licks of the baby food. Anyou time I could catch him with his mouth open I'd set a little chunk at the front of his nose. Then he would lick and get that, but that's nothing.

I don't know what to do. He's napping quietly now.

jessie4698

Maybe try tempting him with a worm in the baby food? I recently nursed a rescue beardie back to health and we gave him to a VERY good home now, but when he wasn't eating we would put a worm in the food and he would always accidentally eat some of the food he didn't want when going for the worm. I'd say do that with a worm or two and then if he isn't interested just let him be and monitor him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for the understanding. I just get so upset in situations like this.
How is he doing today? Were you able to get him to eat without vomiting anything?
Since he has vomited, rehydration is very important then. Try getting some oral fluids into him as best you can, to keep him from getting dehydrated.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

ColdBloodedLove

Original Poster
He's been doing relatively good! His coloration has improved significantly. He looks like a happy bright yellow. He still does random mouth wide open/side heaving fits. But nothing happens. He doesn't throw up or hiss or wheeze. He's just gaping and his sides are going in and out. Other than that he's totally back to normal.

I mixed together some baby food and He is eating. He poops a little everyday too. Just small little poops.. but i think thats okay because if he has bowel movements at all I'm assuming that means he's not impacted.

It must be doing some good though. Something has improved for him. He's alert and mobile and has lots of good naps and sits on his lizard pillow.

Thank you for thinking about him and asking how he is. I wouldn't have known how to help him without you all. I'm so thankful. You're all the best. Hug your babies tight for me <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds like he is taking a decent amount of food in though which is good. A lof of
them will eat like that, from a spoon. He doesn't have much interest in food because he
is too weak.
I think you should put your foot down & just refuse to give him back, period. It is obvious
they don't want him & you do. He deserves a better home. Someone has to fight for him.
He will never get better because they refuse to give him the proper care.

I hope something changes for him. Let us know how he is doing & how things turn out. I
will be thinking about you both.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom