Baby Napoleon -formerly titled: Suggestions or link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

Napoleon sure has grown. Hopefully the area on the face will slough off. It is looking much better though!
I am not positive that is yellow fungus on the belly. Did the vet confirm it? I guess it is better to go ahead & treat to be sure since she has had trouble with it.
I am sure she likes the cherry flavor much better!

I am glad to hear she is eating well right now, also!

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
They are very distinctive yellow, perfectly circular marks on her tummy. I think perhaps my photo was poor. She only potties on a fresh square of news paper and I remove it immediately. She bathes nearly every other day. There's nothing else the spots can be to the best if my knowledge... Unless I have become so paranoid that I am hallucinating, which is a distinct possibility! Napoleons tummy spots are getting lighter... But She hasn't pottied for 3 days and she only got out of bed today and yesterday when I picked her up to eat and take meds. I am hoping its just the Itraconazole making her feel poorly. Napoleon was alert and chasing Dubias in her feeding tank both days, so maybe she's just lazy unless properly motivated!

Xoxo
Shara and Napoleon (baby is sleeping right now)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

Ok, I am sorry there are more fungal areas. The Itraconazole can make her feel a little off, so continue using probiotics to help the system out & try to balance it.
You are doing a great job with her. When you bathe her, do you use a diluted betadine solution?
I hope the spots continue to diminish & just go away! Is she eating much right now?

Keep us posted on little Napoleon.

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
I have been adding betadine to her bath water. The spots on her stomach do appear slightly more faint.

Napoleon became very lethargic over the weekend. She is still chasing Dubias in her feeding tank, but rarely moved other than that. She left her hammock once on Saturday to potty on her newspaper (opposite side of her enclosure). She slept with me on Friday night and the stress marks were gone on Saturday, but they came back on Sunday.

I am ordering the pro-biotics today.

Thanks for checking on her.

xoxo
shara

shara

Original Poster
55qe4m.jpg

(I might have posted this on facebook with a MOTHER OF DRAGON caption.)

Napoleon's still dark, as you can see, and the stress marks on her tummy are slightly visable. She also has weird bulges on the sides of her abdomen, I assume it's due to the medication. Perhaps Itraconazole is causing more intestinal disruption that I know. She hasn't been pottying at her normal 10:45 AM daily schedule for over a week, it's been every 2-3 days.

I weighed Napoleon for the first time in 28 days today... she's at 233 grams. That makes her average daily weight gain 2.5 grams!!!! Is that normal for a 7 month old?

cheers!
Shara and Baby Napoleon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Shara, wow, that dragon has grown and looks great under your excellent care ! :) She really does ! By the way, is she a definite female or you just suspect that she is ? I'm sorry to hear about yellow spots on her belly, I couldn't see them at all in the picture. Are the yellow circles directly inside the stress circles by chance ? Some dragons develop the very light cheetah pattern in the circles on their belly. By the way, dragons do get " lumpy " belly areas off + on, it's just their anatomy, especially when you factor in that they eat tremendous amounts of food that sets in there + has to be sorted out quickly ! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

Napoleon is beautiful! :D
Yes, that is pretty average of a weight gain for that age. How long is she now?
It looks like she is very happy though, based on the picture.
Those bulges are they hard or soft? Is it just when she sits or flattens out?
They can have lumps & bumps from eating a lot, too.

Great job with her.

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
15.5 inches long

The bulges are soft, stretching out doesn't seem to affect them. They aren't there all the time, I'll pay more attention to them.

shara

Original Poster
AHBD":36d4kyj0 said:
Hi Shara, wow, that dragon has grown and looks great under your excellent care ! :) She really does ! By the way, is she a definite female or you just suspect that she is ? I'm sorry to hear about yellow spots on her belly, I couldn't see them at all in the picture. Are the yellow circles directly inside the stress circles by chance ? Some dragons develop the very light cheetah pattern in the circles on their belly. By the way, dragons do get " lumpy " belly areas off + on, it's just their anatomy, especially when you factor in that they eat tremendous amounts of food that sets in there + has to be sorted out quickly ! :)
Hiya!!!

The YF spots on tummy are about 3/4 inch wide in diameter. Wait... What are stress circles??? Are they yellow? Napoleon's newest spots, that i think are Yf, are definitely looking lighter already. Only the edges are visible now. I'll try to get a better photo tomorrow in the sun.

As for the lumpy areas, I feel better about it after your and Tracie's replies.

Thank you for the reply! As I recall, you were the first to respond to my very panicked post in January in the ER section. =)

Regards,
Just Shara (Napoleon's in her hammock)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

How is little Napoleon doing today? How are the spots on the belly looking?
I hope she is eating well & basking for you, too.

Is the tummy still showing some lumps? Did you get more pictures taken of the spots on the belly?
Keep us posted on her & I hope that she is improving steadily for you.

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
6yla9k.jpg

I took this on Friday night (June 7th, 2013).

Two weeks ago the 2 yellow circles were completely filled in. The centers have became lighter.

shara

Original Poster
On a very positive note, after months of stressing that I wouldn't have enough dubias from my colony to solely sustain Napoleon, I have dubias coming out my ears. Not literally, thank god EWWWW! But wow.... OMG! I have enough to feed her 25-40 per day now! It's crazy, I'm pulling out like 175+ a week and they just keep replenishing! It's amazing!

-Shara and Napoleon (aka Dubia Induced Fatty)

** Also, here's my very special thank you to a good friend, from this forum, who was creeped out over her own colony enough... that she donated it to mine! My apoligies to her BD Spike, who wasn't creeped out at all. <3 Spike

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Shara....it's nice that someone else's phobia turned into a bonanza for Napoleon. :lol: That's great that you have a self sustaining colony of dubia, you'll save good money that way. So anyway.....I can see the yellow color now. I think that if you suspect Y.F., then treat it like it is. Betadine baths,[ watered down to look like weak tea and only about 1.5 " deep] then dry her off + apply the Lamisil or other antifungal cream. When you do give her a bath, it might be best to dry her with paper towels that can be thrown away instead of a bath towel that can harbor any fungus/bacteria. It may be that plain water baths may spread it, so I'd cut those out. If she's used to drinking in the bath, just start offering water via syringe or eyedropper so she won't try to drink the medicated water. Hopefully it will disappear with some treatment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

Napoleon seems like she is doing very well now, that is great!
I am glad to hear you have such a good dubia colony now. :D
Are you using an antifungal cream daily also? I think you are doing great & Napoleon seems to be responding positively.
Her tummy looks better that is for sure. Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
Napoleon's YF worse, she's stopped eating greens, and she never leaves her hammock.

Plus I think I have too many roaches... My god.... they are so prolific! I think I have about 4-5 females delivering per day. No lizard can eat that much.

Ugggh bad update. I'm hot from sorting out feeders for the week. I gave up... There's so many, just eat them all.

Shara (Napoleon is outside in her tree)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom