Baby Nanaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening, everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and introduce Nanaki to everyone here on the site.

87559-6609326275.jpg

According to his caretaker, he is a Hypo Trans. Beardie with some Paradox genes floating in there as well. (His momma was a Paradox and she's gorgeous.)

I just received him a day or so ago and was surprised at how easily he settled into his temporary tank. I say temporary because I have ordered a full-sized vivarium for him and it should be arriving within the next week or so. :mrgreen:
Size wise, he measured up to about seven inches or so; I'm expecting him to add to that with that nice shed going on right now. As far as that scab y'all see on his tail, the little dumdum got his tail caught in the tank door at his caretaker's home. Thankfully, it's healing nicely and he doesn't mess with it.

Honestly though? The thing that amazed me the most was the personality attached to this little firecracker. He's perky and curious, constantly running around his tank and watching me every time I move around in my bedroom. (Stalker) He's a climber too, which...probably explains the scab. I was holding him for the first time on my bed and the little guy moved around on my hands before climbing up my arm. Nestled into my elbow for a moment before perching on my shoulder. :lol:

He's going to have his first bath with me tonight so I'll have to see how it goes. Plus, I got a nice hammock for him so I get to see how he reacts to this new item.

Hopefully I can add more to his misadventures as time goes on!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Nanaki is super cute! I love that warm shade of pink and red he has. If you don't mind me asking, where did his name come from? I should try that flash light thing just to see how well it works. I've never had to check with Mushu. He's very noticeably a male, lol.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I love your username too! Nanaki is cute love your beardie.

I've been lurking so now Im gonna follow your adventures.

Kami

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
Thank you guys. :D Nanaki's name actually comes from Final Fantasy VII; the character is also known as Red XIII and he's voiced by Liam O' Brian.

So I pulled the little guy from his tank for a little bit of cuddle time on the bed (AKA, I laid down and placed him on my chest with a washcloth over him.) He did try to scuttle off but, surprisingly, he only went forward a few inches. I gently placed him back on me and he settled back down.

Im also trying a new way of picking him up too; I'll sliding my hand under him, palm down and then support him using the back of my hand while lifting. I'll then carry him this way and lower my hand into his tank to let him climb off normally.

I did take the opportunity while he was chilling to sneak a peek and it is comfirmed: Two bumps = male. :D

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
Also, on a silly note:

I finally managed to catch my beardie while he was taking bites at his collard greens just before I left for work. Unfortunately, after a minute, he spied me behind him and quickly zipped up his perch to act all nonchalant.

"Nope nope, not eating healthy here! You saw nothing, Momma!"

:lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Broly doesnt care if i mess with his tail. Actually he doesn't care at all I can do anything. He's also taking an enzyme supplement for his stomach because he can't digest at all. He's getting better but still doesnt eat a lot. Just thought you should know whats going on with my dragon.

I've played all Final Fantasy games! I knew the name you picked was familiar I just couldn't remember where it came from. I almost named my very first dragon, Cloud but it turned out to be Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Sorry to ramble on Pokemon.

Kami

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
I'm terrible a video games even though I love them. I live vicariously through my fiance, who's awesome at them. I know of the character, the wolf with the flaming tail, last of his kind right? Mushu is super twitchy when I touch his tail. I don't know if you can tell in any of his pictures, but there's a huge bend about halfway down. He broke it when he was in the pet shop as a baby. It causes lot's of blood flow problems.

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
Nah nah, that's no problem Blue. :) I ramble all the tome so it's all good.
Ah, poor Broly. At least it's good that the poor guy is getting something in his belly though.

Yus! That's him, Mushu! Nanaki is kinda tthe same, he had gotten his tail caught in his cage door before I got him. It's not broken but he does have a pretty decent battle scar there.

87559-4702100772.jpg
Showing off that pretty coloring with those blue bars! :D

:angry: I swear, I am going to smack Baron if he doesn't stop slipping into my room and jumping on my desk! Crazy cat wants to find out more about Nanaki but doesn't get the message no matter how many times I kick him out of my room....

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
I have but I'm not sure how to.

Im sure Baron is more curious then anything about my little guy but, unfortunately, one can never know.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
That's a tough one. I'd be scared of the cat taking a bit out of the dragon. I read somewhere about using a sock to get the lizard smell on it then introducing the cat to the sock. It can get used to the smell but you can see how it interacts and correct any behaviour without hurting the dragon.

Not sure if that's a viable technique but it is at least safe to try.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
I was actually really mad when the lady told me how he broke it. I made it very clear that I was not impressed, now me and Nadine have a very tense rivalry in which I correct her when she's helping other customers. I'm not trying to be mean really, but people need proper information.

I don't think cats really see beardies as food... from what I've seen it's either idle curiosity or best friends. You should look at this. https://www.instagram.com/p/BHD7pJDD9GI/?taken-by=charles_the_dragon&hl=en Charles and Mr. Baby are best friends! They made the news, it's adorable. Anyway, my roommate's cat, Dasher is terrified of Mushu. It's hilarious.

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
87559-429446353.jpg
Stare contest!

I come back into my room after speaking with my roommates to find Baron had hopped up on my desk and he was having a staring contest with Nanaki.

He did have a bad encounter with my roommates beardie (baron earned a nip at the nose when he got too close) so he's probably not sure what to make of this tiny one.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Wow, Baron looks exactly like Dasher. Do they seem to be getting on okay? I can just imagine Nanaki thinking, 'what is this fuzzy creature?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom