Baby Nanaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening, everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and introduce Nanaki to everyone here on the site.

87559-6609326275.jpg

According to his caretaker, he is a Hypo Trans. Beardie with some Paradox genes floating in there as well. (His momma was a Paradox and she's gorgeous.)

I just received him a day or so ago and was surprised at how easily he settled into his temporary tank. I say temporary because I have ordered a full-sized vivarium for him and it should be arriving within the next week or so. :mrgreen:
Size wise, he measured up to about seven inches or so; I'm expecting him to add to that with that nice shed going on right now. As far as that scab y'all see on his tail, the little dumdum got his tail caught in the tank door at his caretaker's home. Thankfully, it's healing nicely and he doesn't mess with it.

Honestly though? The thing that amazed me the most was the personality attached to this little firecracker. He's perky and curious, constantly running around his tank and watching me every time I move around in my bedroom. (Stalker) He's a climber too, which...probably explains the scab. I was holding him for the first time on my bed and the little guy moved around on my hands before climbing up my arm. Nestled into my elbow for a moment before perching on my shoulder. :lol:

He's going to have his first bath with me tonight so I'll have to see how it goes. Plus, I got a nice hammock for him so I get to see how he reacts to this new item.

Hopefully I can add more to his misadventures as time goes on!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've found that the hip leashes tend to be less restrictive and easier to put on and for them to handle than the chest harnesses.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I spent $5 and made my own harness with some paracord. Here's a picture.

86279-8710465915.jpg

I like the hind leg harness as she can't slip out of it easily and it doesn't constrict her neck or lungs. It is super easy, two loops and a bead to lock it in place.

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
I'll have to give the hind-harness a try then when I get the chance. :) If I can get it together, I can get Nanaki use to it and let him roam in my room at the same time. Win win! :D (Note to self, have worms on hand as bribe)

What kind of fastener did you use with the paracord there?

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
Well, I think Nanaki is going through another growth sprut; his legs and tail are starting to shed plus he's been rubbing his head up against his driftwood perch.

(Guess who's getting a soak tomorrow? :D)

While I was sitting by his tank and talking to him through the glass, I've noticed that his hands/feet are much bigger then they were a few days ago. Gently measured one against my thumb pad while I was holding him and he could very well wrap his claws around the entirety of my finger.

Q_Q My little baby isn't going to be little for much longer!

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
-grabs phone-

87559-9249577978.jpg
This picture is a few days old; I was letting him sit on my Yugioh pillow (Don't judge!) and attempting to make nice with him. Hadn't quite started his growth spurt just yet but was showing hints.

87559-658099885.jpg
This is from this morning after I fed him and was talking to him through the glass. Posing all pretty and handsome. :love5: He is definitely getting bigger.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
So cute!

Mine has some great orange on her beard but she's older than Nanaki. I'll be interested to see him/her as it grows.

Have you tried sexing Nanaki?

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
I think he's going to stay that warm, desert-coloring. He was a bright crimson as a baby but it looks like momma's coloring won out in the end.

I was told by his breeder that he is definitely male but I was thinking of doing the flashlight test just to satisfy my curiosity.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
It's hard to tell when they're young. I was told mine v was male. I was 99% sure he was a she after I received her. It was confirmed after she laid a clutch.

DuelingPokemon

Original Poster
I'll have to check then. He doesn't like his tail being handled though.

I touched it once while it was shedding and he flailed like no tomorrow. Pretty sure if he had a voice, he would have screamed: "PERSONAL SPACE BUBBLE HUMAN!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom