Baby dragon treats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I was just wondering about what kind of insects I can give my baby as treats. He eats crickets regularly(twice a day) but I want him to have some variety. If I could get any help that would be great! Just so you have an idea, he is 26 grams and 9 inches head to tail. I don't know how old he is. Thanks much!

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
You can feed him phoenix worms and tiny dubia roaches in addition to crickets. When he gets a little bigger try some hornworms and silkworms. At 16 inches you can feed superworms as treats.

http://www.dubiaroaches.com has all sizes dubia but also has red runner roaches. they are cricket sized and have higher meat:shell ratio than dubia. they are also much cheaper, 200 for $17.80 shipped. this is a much better staple diet than crickets, no smell, live longer, cleaner, dont carry parasites and much more nutritional than crickets. you just have to look at the roaches as insects and not as a nasty pest. actually much cleaner than crickets.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you can get them , small silkworms (about mealworm size , ie 1" long) if you can't get enough to use as staple , they are great treat.

I've given mealworm pupae and mealworm beetles while still soft and white and slow moving as hatchling treats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom