Baby beardie

Chanelle1

Original Poster
Why has my baby bearded dragon stretched out its limbs down by its side has mouth open kind of panting and now doesn't seem to be breathing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Why has my baby bearded dragon stretched out its limbs down by its side has mouth open kind of panting and now doesn't seem to be breathing
Please post a pic - go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- stick ons are inaccurate - what kind of uvb coil or a long tube fixture

Chanelle1

Original Poster
Please post a pic - go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- stick ons are inaccurate - what kind of uvb coil or a long tube fixture
A friend had found him and that's how I end up with the lizard he's in a glass fish tank I have a red heat lamp on but no way of measuring the temp I'm trying to keep him alive until tomorrow atleast I've put a piece of wood in so he can get close to the heat lamp as I wasn't sure what else to do

Attachments

• 20230421_211629.jpg
    20230421_211629.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 56

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
A friend had found him and that's how I end up with the lizard he's in a glass fish tank I have a red heat lamp on but no way of measuring the temp I'm trying to keep him alive until tomorrow atleast I've put a piece of wood in so he can get close to the heat lamp as I wasn't sure what else to do
Please get him into a 20 gallon tote please go get a solid clear bright white basking bulb start w/ a 75 watt for a 20 gallon tank-- Exo Terra Intense --- Flukers basking bulb or Arcadia Halogen you need a 20" reptisun 10.0 T 8-- the red light is hurting the babies eyes --- please get this as soon as you can -- this dragon will not live w/ the set up its in now --- I am posting a pic of what how you need to set this up -- please get the digital probe thermometer you need these things I have posted to keep him alive
1682094759315.jpg

Chanelle1

Original Poster
Please get him into a 20 gallon tote please go get a solid clear bright white basking bulb start w/ a 75 watt for a 20 gallon tank-- Exo Terra Intense --- Flukers basking bulb or Arcadia Halogen you need a 20" reptisun 10.0 T 8-- the red light is hurting the babies eyes --- please get this as soon as you can -- this dragon will not live w/ the set up its in now --- I am posting a pic of what how you need to set this up -- please get the digital probe thermometer you need these things I have posted to keep him alive
View attachment 79812
Ok I can get these things first thing in the morning it's currently midnight will he last until then ? What can I do to help him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I can get these things first thing in the morning it's currently midnight will he last until then ? What can I do to help him
I dont know --- please offer him water -- drop on his nose see if he will lick --- shut the red light off -- get a regular house hold bulb like a 40 watt for now no LED -- you need heat and the dragon needs dark to sleep please shut it off ---- I dont know what kind of shape hes in --- so I can only advise as to what you need to see if he will make it ---

Chanelle1

Original Poster
I dont know --- please offer him water -- drop on his nose see if he will lick --- shut the red light off -- get a regular house hold bulb like a 40 watt for now no LED -- you need heat and the dragon needs dark to sleep please shut it off ---- I dont know what kind of shape hes in --- so I can only advise as to what you need to see if he will make it ---
Ok I have done that he hasn't responded to the water I suppose all I can do is wait and see in the morning I've left the heater on in the room his in if that will help keep the room temperature up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I have done that he hasn't responded to the water I suppose all I can do is wait and see in the morning I've left the heater on in the room his in if that will help keep the room temperature up
It may but babies need surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ the digital probe thermometer - do what you can - when healthy temps in the tank need to be 65-75 at night when sick we recommend 80's during the nite and that would need to be w/ a ceramic heat emitter - CHE -- they have heat NO light-- keep me posted --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom