One Eye Closed?

lokithebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
My bearded dragon, Loki, who I got in November as a baby from a pet store, closes his left eye often while keeping his right eye open. He has proper lighting and I’m unsure what to do. If I get his attention he’ll open it just fine. Any advice?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon, Loki, who I got in November as a baby from a pet store, closes his left eye often while keeping his right eye open. He has proper lighting and I’m unsure what to do. If I get his attention he’ll open it just fine. Any advice?
Any shedding on? Dragons close their eyes from time to time-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Do you have any colored bulbs?
If so get rid of them, otherwise it's normal. They do it if they are honed in on something with the other eye, or just to ignore us 😀

lokithebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Any shedding on? Dragons close their eyes from time to time-
No shedding that I can see. In this picture the other eye is open. IMG_1295.jpeg

Sabrinaquast

Beardie name(s)
Opie and Wednesday
Typically they do that do focus on something or ignore you as said above. They are very much a reptile that will close their eye or eyes if your annoying them

lokithebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
Typically they do that do focus on something or ignore you as said above. They are very much a reptile that will close their eye or eyes if your annoying them
Thank you! I’ve noticed that it’s only the one eye and does it in his terrarium as well. I don’t know if this changes anything but felt necessary to mention.

Sabrinaquast

Beardie name(s)
Opie and Wednesday
Thank you! I’ve noticed that it’s only the one eye and does it in his terrarium as well. I don’t know if this changes anything but felt necessary to mention.
Mine do this to me all the time. My male especially, he has an attitude problem lol but I'll go in his tank to just give him some love and he closes his eyes like "damn human leave me be"

My bearded dragon had this as a baby. He couldn’t open his eyes and see his food because of a parasite that crusted his eyes. Idk if you found the problem already. Maybe it could be that? My vet gave me a cream and it worked great. Hope he’s ok! He looks really cute ☺️

lokithebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Loki
My bearded dragon had this as a baby. He couldn’t open his eyes and see his food because of a parasite that crusted his eyes. Idk if you found the problem already. Maybe it could be that? My vet gave me a cream and it worked great. Hope he’s ok! He looks really cute ☺️
Thank you so much! I think I’ll send a picture to the vet first to avoid hefty bills.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom