Baby Beardie Won't let me hold him

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer2000

Hi all
I have a new baby bearded dragon..he is about 3 or 4 months old now and recently he won't let me hold him..he runs away and gapes his mouth..the only time he will let me get close is when i have carrots, his favorite food.
whats wrong?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
It just takes time for them to get used to you. Put a shirt that you have worn in his viv so he gets used to your scent. Also make sure when you are picking him up you are sticking your hand under him instead of approaching from above. Birds attack from above so they are afraid of this. Also try wrapping him in a wash cloth or something small either in the morning before lights on or at night after lights out. When they are cold and tired they are easier to handle and will want to snuggle for heat. The hand feeding that you are doing is a also good. Hope this is helpful to you. There are lots of threads on here with tricks for calming babies.

PHXSPAZZ

Hatchling Member
MORNIN;
IF YOU LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS YOU WILL BE OK
TO A NEW BD IF IT’S SMALLER THAN THEM IT’S FOOD, IF IT’S BIGGER THAN THEM THEY ARE FOOD,
IT TOOK SPAZZ A WEEK TO GET USED TO BE’IN HELD, BUT NOW WILL FALL ASLEEP ON ME, AND LOVES SHOLDER RIDES
DOUG, SPAZZ SR[ WIFE] AND SPAZZ JR [ BD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom