BABY BEARDIE NOT POOPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you try the website? Put in a different zip code for a bigger city near you and see what comes up - I flagged your post to Tracie

Nina018

Original Poster
My country is not really big on reptiles so no reptile vets. The poop seemed normal and he is lifting his head every time someone walks past his terrarium. His eyes are wide open when i check on him,when he sees me coming. Just doesn't move. Maybe the shedding has a part in it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you not in the US I can post a website for other countries
http://www.anapsid.org/vets/index.html#vetlist
The shedding has no part in not being able to use his back legs -- please keep him hydrated and keep feeding the canned pumpkin w/ a little olive oil I am wondering if he is still impacted --- its good he pooped -- was it of good size ?

Nina018

Original Poster
He actually pooped 2 times. They were a little bigger than his normal ones. And no, not from the US

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well that is good to hear -- but the not using the back legs is not good --- if you would please post pics of the tank and lighting ---- and is there a chance hes fallen off a piece of decor and hurt him self

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB fixture does it have a reflector on it? The T 8 needs to be moved off the back wall please place directly over him w/ a distance of 6-8 inches --- the problem is the dragon is not getting enough UVB if any at all -- he is developing MBD -- you need to move this ASAP --- if there is no reflector on the UVB I would order one or get a new fixture w/ a reflector like a Zoo Med or a Sunblaster or a Arcadia w/ a Arcadia 12% bulb -- or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5
https://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia-t8-24-lamp-reflector/#

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is highly possible that the worms were too big, it definitely causes issues.
The way the tube is mounted inside of the tank, looks good. Though I was looking at the
placement, is it on the back wall?
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Nina018

Original Poster
It is on the back wall. I brought him outside for 10minutes and he seemed kind of more active? Back legs still not moving as they should,not eating but he does poop.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well hes shedding thats good - hes growing -- what UVB bulb did you get? Please get a Arcadia 12% desert bulb -- and move the fixture w/ reflector directly over the basking decor approx 12-15 inches --and you need to do this ASAP- hes not able to absorb / synthesize the calcium hes ingesting --- you are dusting his insects 5 x per week ONCE per feeding w/ calcium D3 correct? He also need vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding dusted on the insects as well ---

Nina018

Original Poster
Yes,i ordered the arcadia 12%+D3 uvb lamp and yes he is getting calcium and mixed vitamin powder on his food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok you want him to start even if its just a little bit -- get some small mario worms and some BSFL also known as calci worms phoenix worms or nutri grubs -- I think marios are super worms where you are not sure anyway they are a good staple feeder for babies add those to the top of his salads as many as you want --- DO NOT dust them - good source of calcium --- they will lure him to the bowl --
here is a nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
you will need a bowl similar to this to keep them in
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Feed first thing in the morning -- you can try hand feeding them to him then put them in his bowl in front of him so he sees what your doing -- then later add his staple insect -- if you can get dubia roaches I would use them - they are a better feeder nutritionally wise and easier to keep as well - and feed in the bowl --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom