BABY BEARDIE NOT POOPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

My baby beardie is shedding.He started about 5 days ago. He stopped eating (still eats 1-2 worms a day) but is not pooping!
And his back legs seem to be not working. They never touch the floor,when he is running they go up. I am giving him baths,but he is still not pooping. What do i do?
111822-4647888015.jpg
111822-2458571564.jpg
111822-3804812073.jpg
111822-7749515990.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding worms too big for him or crickets? Him not pooping tells me hes impacted--- please feed him some canned pumpkin--- water it down so he is getting hydration - feed him till he poops - what kind of UVB are you using NO coils please they are NO good ---- and what are the basking temps and how are you taking them --- stick ons are inaccurate and you need a digital probe thermometer

Insects should be no bigger than the space between the eye length wise

Nina018

Original Poster
The problem might be worms too big.We use a tube uvb 10% arcadia t8 and a 50w basking bulb.We have digital thermometer with a probe and the temp is 107.
Just gave him some olive oil so i hope he poops.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where is the T 8? It needs to be in the tank distance 6-8 inches-- directly above the basking decor

Nina018

Original Poster
We are getting a stronger uvb soon, a 12%+D3 ,so i am just going to raise the basking spot until the new one arrives

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When that comes in distance 12-15 directly above the basking decor

Nina018

Original Poster
The temp is 108 , i am feeding him dubias , his baths are usually 10minutes long and at the moment i am using arcadia 10% desert uvb 18w

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would add some olive oil a drop or two to the canned pumpkin --- post back on here when he has pooped-- do not feed any more worms for now ---- let the natural laxatives take effect before going to the vet --- NO ENEMAS

Nina018

Original Poster
He pooped today ,but isn't moving. His back legs seem to be not working he raises them when he tries to move. I don't know what to do and he won't eat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Was the poop a good poop? Sounds like it may be vet time --- I am going to flag the post to Tracie shes our vet tech mod and is on late at nite here is a website to find a vet -- if possible you want a reptile vet http://www.arav.org --

Nina018

Original Poster
Unfortunatly here where i live we don't have vets for reptiles,only for dogs and cats.I don't know what to do to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom