Baby beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That tells me his basking temp needs to be warmer-- did you get it up to 105-110? That will help w/ the digestion - but since its the all in one I dont know what the UVB is sending out--- did you move the decor or the bulb?
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":wb45b1k2 said:
That tells me his basking temp needs to be warmer-- did you get it up to 105-110? That will help w/ the digestion - but since its the all in one I dont know what the UVB is sending out--- did you move the decor or the bulb?
Karrie
Yes I got the temp to between 105-110 , it’s current my 109 in there and I just moved the Decorations to give him a higher basking spot next to the uvb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good watch his poops now and see if the digestion is better--- keep us posted
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29u17axl said:
Ok good watch his poops now and see if the digestion is better--- keep us posted
Karrie
Okay thank you guys soo much, he’s much more active already than yesterday and he Ate a small piece of greens so I think dovah will be okay

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Put some small super worms and BSFL around 6-8 or so on top of his greens so it will entice him to the bowl --- then feed his insects later after hes eaten some of the worms and greens--- afternoon feed him his insects again -- I am feeding my baby around 12 or so small dubia after his morning vegies and worms ----
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":33d7fdsx said:
Put some small super worms and BSFL around 6-8 or so on top of his greens so it will entice him to the bowl --- then feed his insects later after hes eaten some of the worms and greens--- afternoon feed him his insects again -- I am feeding my baby around 12 or so small dubia after his morning vegies and worms ----
Karrie
He ate his greens this morning, and a super worm I had to entice him to eat. His poop was back to normal no undigested things. I think the rise in temperatures is making him feel better, and could have bet why he’s not eating. He still has only Eaten one worm for the day but it’s better than nothing like yesterday and the day before

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thats not good --- he should be eating a little more than that -- I am thinking its that all in one bulb-- I want some one else to respond on this subject - I dont want to give you the wrong advice but I am thinking it might be the lighting -- those all in one bulbs to me are a hassle and when something doesnt go right its hard to pin the cause down - its just easier when the lighting is separate --- see what he does tomorrow or try and feed him again this afternoon and see if he eats more --- and then again in the morning and if nothing has changed we need to get more help on this
Karrie

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2rdedunu said:
Thats not good --- he should be eating a little more than that -- I am thinking its that all in one bulb-- I want some one else to respond on this subject - I dont want to give you the wrong advice but I am thinking it might be the lighting -- those all in one bulbs to me are a hassle and when something doesnt go right its hard to pin the cause down - its just easier when the lighting is separate --- see what he does tomorrow or try and feed him again this afternoon and see if he eats more --- and then again in the morning and if nothing has changed we need to get more help on this
Karrie
okay yeah if he dosent eat tonight tomorrow I’m going to buy a uvb bulb and the heat one

Kalinthehippie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2lyj6849 said:
Karrie
hey karrie update on dovah this morning I went out and bought a 150wt desert uvb bulb and a new ceramic heat emitter for if I need it. Is it okay to continue to use the all in one bulb for heat and the uvb bulb or just one source of uvb ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would use the two separate bulbs the 150 and separate UVB-- what did you get for UVB?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom