baby beardie need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

misty82

Original Poster
Well baby 1 died last night ;'( so now working with baby 2 waiting for the vet to open in the morning

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, I'm sorry that he died. :( Was that the one on the Panacur or the one not moving his back legs?

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
The Panacur helped with mine, but he was only given it because had a pretty bad pinworm infestation. If yours hasn't been checked by a vet for pinworms and coccidia, then don't give him the Panacur, please.

Ok no more meal worms ...... Have another ?
I think that meant "Do you have another suggestion for feeders?"

Yes. Feed crickets, no larger than the space between the eyes. When in doubt, smaller is better. You saw what impaction can do... too large of a cricket can impact and paralyze him/her.
They are available at almost all pet stores and in bulk (hundreds of crix) online.
I put mine in a bin with some cardboard egg carton and a little potato for nutrients and moisture (they drown in a waterbowl). Sometimes I'll give them Yoshi's old greens. Make sure they are fed like this for at least 24 hours before feeding them to your beardie so that they are nutritious. Clean the bin every other day. From what I have heard, babies eat A LOT so a bulk order may be the best option for you.

Hope this helps, and I'm sure Diane can offer more, this is just what I know for sure.
Good luck with #2 (That should be her name- Number Two! :D)

misty82

Original Poster
Unfortunately she panaucr them all but the frist one I started taking care of is the one that passed the one not moveing his back legs if he makes it threw the night I am take him to the vet in the morning this is so sad

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I really wouldn't give any of them anymore Panacur, that is very strong for babies so young and you don't even know if any of them had/have parasites. Are you only feeding baby food to the one that isn't moving his back legs? If not, that's what I would highly recommend in case he is impacted, otherwise he may not be able to pass it. This is very serious and he needs to eat only food that he can digest easily, like baby food until seen by a vet. Have you been giving him frequent baths?

misty82

Original Poster
Yes lots of baths ..... How many is to many baths ? Don't want to over do it ..... And this one we will call him #2 is hard to get him to open his mouth to give him baby food any one know any tricks ? All other ones I have had to feed baby food just opened their mouth not him .... And I hide that crap I don't want to them to do this again

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you try putting drops of the chicken & squash baby food on his nose to see if he will lick it off?
And I hide that crap I don't want to them to do this again
Does that mean that you're not going to give anymore Panacur?

misty82

Original Poster
Yes I have and he just let's it sit there .... And yes I'm not going to let them give it again.....

misty82

Original Poster
I didn't know how dangerous this stuff was Untill I got on here or I wouldn't have let her in the frist place >.<

Crickets, Hoppers, and mario worms, And Waxworms as treats tho. Ive got a 11 month old snow/citrus colour i think, Hes cool, He likes these, But when u feed them crickets or hoppers remove them when not all have been eaten as they will torment ure beadie at night, I think he will eat mario worms, mine does he eats them every day,

Let me know what u think>

misty82

Original Poster
Thank u ;) but where do I get them from I haven't seen any of those at the pet store I work at

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, if you're referring to mealworms, those aren't good to feed because of their chitin shell. Superworms aren't safe to feed until the beardies are adults. For your little babies, you could feed phoenix worms (calci-worms), silkworms and very small dubia roaches. Hoppers would actually be too big for a little baby.

misty82

Original Poster
Yes my beardies izzy 28 grams and Draco 17 grams I was giveing just a few meal worms but I was to do the right thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom