Baby bearded dragon urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiosauce

I have a 3 month old baby bearded dragon, he eats well, as many crickets as he can 3 times a day. Veggies are always given after the crickets, the viv is set up properly, with correct temperatures. crickets get dusted 5 days a week for one meal only, and 2 days of multi vitamins.He gets baths every other day.This morning I woke up and saw that his urate was 3/4 white and 1/4 yellow/orange, any ideas as to why?

(Sorry, I don't have pics)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is really very normal. The discoloration can be caused by supplementation or foods of different colors, etc. How much supplementation do you give, what brands & types are you using?
Were the urates hard or soft?

Tracie

fabiosauce

Original Poster
Thank you for the response,

I am giving him reptical (I am using a sample size then going to Rep cal) 5 days a week and rep cal herptivite 2 days a week. The urate and actual poop were both soft, and holding their shape, and there was a decent amount of liquid that came out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom