Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m fixing to order Dubia roaches. So how many do babies eat and what size do I order. And do I dust them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes you dust them --- order 5/8 inch or you can order the size by no bigger than the space between their eyes or there abouts- he will eat about 8-10 I am guessing -- if hes eating salads worms and another staple feeder like BSFL or silk worms hes not gonna eat as many roaches -- he will get full eating the other stuff too but hes gonna have a balance diet
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well right now I can only afford 1 feeder but I’ll mix it up by getting different feeders each time I run out and is that 10 roaches a day or 10 each feeding. And do I follow that rule where I feed him as much as he eats in 15 mins.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Start w/ the salads and worms- add 8-10 roaches in his bowl-- if he eats all 10 add a couple more- he will quit when he's full unless he's a bottom less pit :)
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well right now I can’t afford worms cause I’m broke from buying all the stuff he needed. But do I do multiple feedings with roaches and salad?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can - his main diet is protein so use your roaches in the bowl as lures- feed him his salads in the morning-- see if you can get some wax worms from your petstore they are cheap - only use 1-4 of them tho I don't like feeding wax worms cuz they are fattening- too many can cause liver issues-- but you can feed sparingly and when you can get the super worms etc-- check on prices and look at how big the superworms are there if they have any they are cheap too- at the petstore
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m going to see how much I have and go from there. But I’m ordering the roaches tomorrow. I would tonight but my moneys isn’t in my bank right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes-- how are you getting that temp? No stick ons- you need a digital probe thermometer $6 at Petco or PetSmart-- temps should be 105-110 for a baby
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I already raised it up. And I’m using a probe. I should be getting a Zoo Med ReptiTemp Infrared Temp Gun tomorrow and get a more accurate tempature. It might be where the heat built up on the rock cause it’s 7pm here and I’m actually getting ready to put him to bed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You were getting that temp w/ the probe after it sitting there for 10 minutes where he sits? That is too hot-the temp gun will be nice but your digital should be accurate-- what was temp after you raised it?
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don’t know I just put him to bed after cleaning his tank. But I’ll keep a better eye on it tomorrow.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please do you do not want to burn him up and temps are crucial to their health
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom