Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No fixtures from any of the home improvement stores --- they have no reflectors -- I am going to look again ---- I had to cancel my order from LLL Reptiles as they are out of the Arcadia bulbs and having delays w/ the manufacturers ---- let me look for fixtures again ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have a petco or petsmart where you live? You can get a Zilla fixture 20" -- that will take a 18" bulb - it will be a T 8 instead of the T 5 which is good but it will need to go into the tank approx 8-10 inches above the basking decor ---- the plastic cover needs to come off the fixture --- bulb exposed -- get a Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 8 18" for that fixture ---- eventually you will want to upgrade the tank but for now the T 8 will work --- its not as strong as the T 5 but its still a good bulb -- this one will need to be changed out every 6 months --- so I would replace about a month before ---- eventually I am hoping these T 5's will be back in stock again ---- this pandemic is creating havoc on everything --- I am sorry

Ok I found this here
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-base-unit-no-bulb/ or this one
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/
Arcadias are good bulbs --- its up to you on what you want to do --- this is a 22" fixture
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that will work I was looking to see who the supplier was - it says Sweetener and was looking to see where it shipped from --- cant find it --- see if you can get as much info as possible -- I dont know how soon they can get it out to you ---- I would call Light your reptiles and see how soon they are shipping -- not sure on Amazons timeline --- 207-588-7210 light your reptiles ---
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm still Looking but I do have good news. It is eating better. Today it ate 14 or 15 on first feeding and 4 on it's 2nd feeding. I think it might be having trouble catching them as well cause I have to hand feed it most of them. Are Dubias slower?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I just ordered 3 Arcadia bulbs from them - they are out of Sacramento
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The 30" is too long and the second one is not telling me length -- how long is second one?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that will work- this is for tez? Take plastic cover off fixture - ?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom