Azreal (Brand new pics pg7! 4/9/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mistygirl":ny8cn1lq said:
getting big! (what was that #2 on his back?) I remember the first time mine had a shed like that. I was a new owner and was so worried, I called the vet and they reassured me it was normal, thank goodness I have this board now. but each time the coloring gets more beautiful. Doesn't shed all that much anymore. The cape is adorable.
The #2 is the marking that the breeder put on him. They put markings on all babies to keep track of them, but it comes off with the shed. Yeah, the first time our first (Allie) shed, I was like OMG she broke! lol

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Wish I could say the same of Carson. I weighed and measured him this evening, he's only gained 2 grams in the past 13 days. We were quite busy with final fall softball and soccer in late October, and even though I would always leave a dish with reptiworms in his tank, he hardly touched things. He's really wild, his nickname has become Spazz. The only time he's ever calm is when I cuddly him in the evening. No progress at all at this point. He came out of his travel container all busy and jumpy - he's still that way. His temperatures are fine - basking at 106, cool side at 75, got his ReptiSun 10.0. Starting to get a bit frustrated - he's just so wild. The only times I take him out of his tank is for his daily bath and to cuddly him after he's gone to sleep. Yesterday he shot up my arm and jumped off my shoulder, then danced on the outside of glass to get back into his tank. I observed him just launch himself off the basking platform into the glass later that day. I still have to resort to cupping him in both hands to take him out for his bath. He gapes and runs like a madman in his tank when ever I reach in - though he'll make sure I don't have a piece of salad in my hand first.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KBenker":3amx3hav said:
Wish I could say the same of Carson. I weighed and measured him this evening, he's only gained 2 grams in the past 13 days. We were quite busy with final fall softball and soccer in late October, and even though I would always leave a dish with reptiworms in his tank, he hardly touched things. He's really wild, his nickname has become Spazz. The only time he's ever calm is when I cuddly him in the evening. No progress at all at this point. He came out of his travel container all busy and jumpy - he's still that way. His temperatures are fine - basking at 106, cool side at 75, got his ReptiSun 10.0. Starting to get a bit frustrated - he's just so wild. The only times I take him out of his tank is for his daily bath and to cuddly him after he's gone to sleep. Yesterday he shot up my arm and jumped off my shoulder, then danced on the outside of glass to get back into his tank. I observed him just launch himself off the basking platform into the glass later that day. I still have to resort to cupping him in both hands to take him out for his bath. He gapes and runs like a madman in his tank when ever I reach in - though he'll make sure I don't have a piece of salad in my hand first.
Oh no! That's not good. :cry: Azreal did all that crazy running/jumping/glass dancing the first few days we tried to hold him, but we just hold him how he wants to be held (if he wants to lay on my finger, I let him. If he wants to lay on my elbow, I let him. lol) and he started to calm down. I just tried to reassure him that everything was going to be okay and we weren't going to eat him. lol Oh and he has a blankie and I let him cuddle up in it on my chest and that seemed to help get him use to us. Good luck with Carson! I hope things go better for you all! <3

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Problem is Carson does not seem to want to be held period. The only time I can cuddle him is about 30 minutes after lights out - and I've been holding/snuggling him EVERY evening since he arrived. Hasn't made a difference at this point. He falls asleep near his blankie, I wrap him up after snuggle time. I can't even wrap him in a towel after the bath, if I don't cup him in my hands, he could jump and land on the tile floor. He will not stay still or sit on my shirt. I did pick up a bamboo blind and put that around 3 sides of his glass tank this morning, hopefully it will help. Occasionally, I can pet him briefly in his tank, most of the time he just races around like a madman.

JessLC

Hatchling Member
Just stumbled upon your thread, loved your video.
Reminds me of when i got Iris in the mail. Except she successfully made a death leap out of my hands on her way to the tank.
Gotta love first impressions.

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Well, Carson must have heard I was complaining about him - or the bamboo border around 3 sides of the tank helped (I did find him perched on top of it, with his nose almost touching the UVB). Today was the first day since he arrived that I was able to carry him from the tank to the sink and he just clung on to my shirt, just one hand gently over his body. Any other time, he would have zoomed out from underneath and jumped.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KBenker":zbyg2l2w said:
Well, Carson must have heard I was complaining about him - or the bamboo border around 3 sides of the tank helped (I did find him perched on top of it, with his nose almost touching the UVB). Today was the first day since he arrived that I was able to carry him from the tank to the sink and he just clung on to my shirt, just one hand gently over his body. Any other time, he would have zoomed out from underneath and jumped.
lol progress!

Got new weight/length on Nov. 6th! :D
9 1/2" and 38g! :D He -just- finished shedding too! (like an hour ago or something like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom