Ava Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I offer them each a dish of the repashy and dust their food. Thursday is the vet appointment so I'll keep everyone posted.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Spikeshuman":19x49na4 said:
The calcium thing. Does everyone here dust their food with calcium? I was told to put it in a shallow dish in the house. Stubby licks it up on his own, so do my other two.
My Mylo is on Rapashy and will absolutely not take calcium from the dish, tho it is offered. :roll: I dust every buggy he eats except one. I feel like maybe he wants to actually taste 1 bug! LOL! :lol:
Can't wait to hear what the vet says!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I have a quick question: Today I told my grandma about Kristine and how she and I are taking Ava to the vet tomorrow. My grandma responded: "Why are you taking that thing to the vet?" And I patiently told her about Ava's walking and how she flips over. It's getting worse now - she'll flip over if you touch her side and she flips over when she's turning around. My grandma then asked how to lizards get put down? The same way as cats and dogs? I try to take it as a joke and she goes on to say that if it is neurological - which she among with everyone else who I have spoken with thinks it is - says Ava will have to be put down. Is this true? Is there nothing I can do about it? To help it get better? Is neurological damage that bad? Is it/Can it cause her pain? I'm freaking out before we even know what's going on, but tomorrow I want to be prepared for the worse. If it is neurological...will she have to be put down?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
I think if she's not in pain, she won't have to be put down. But I think that's for you and the vet to decide, Liz. Ignore what everyone says, especially your grandma, about stuff like that until you've gone to the vet and heard what they have to say and what they recommend.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
It's not easy having a sick pet. =[ We put our dog Shelby down over two years ago now from cancer that had been developing for months that we never noticed. Then one day she was vomiting blood and not eating and we had to put her down the next day.

My thoughts are with you and Ava, okay? And we're all always here for you. It'll be good having Kristine there for you too, it's great you have that emotional support with you close to home.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah, I just read about you and Cho as well. I feel like I should have noticed something sooner, but I didn't - or I didn't want to. Jace has been cuddling with me after my grandma's remark. He doesn't understand the tears, I don't think ,but he understands my need for him and is comfort. Up next is Zy after lunch.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I figured if that it is neurological there would be no real cure for it. I'll just be happy to know that she is alive without any pain or suffering.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
What are enigmas? I might have missed the definition in what the guy, but he made it sound like a morph?

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
The enigma gene is a dominant genetic trait so if it was present in your geckos lineage then she has it too. The enigma gene was soooo overproduced at first that this syndrome is very common.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have no idea if she is an enigma. I bought her as a baby at Petco she was fine as a baby. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Take heart, Liz, they're rarely in pain if it's neurological. Lonzo has a few problems, and he's seen my vet a few times, he has a twitch in his tail, he clicks & shakes his head (and it's not an RI) and is losing the use of his left front leg, but he still runs around as best he can and he loves to sit in the sun in the am, so he gets to be out in the am before anyone else, even diva Didi (who doesn't appreciate being in his tank, that's for sure :lol: ). Then there's the non-functioning lung. In Lonzo's case a lot of it is age related, but he's had the tail twitch since about a year after part of his tail was amputated. His lung problem is related to when he was flipping over all the time, yet he stopped doing that over a year ago. He also has arthritis in his back, so I give him Serrepetase 3-4 times a week, it's the silkworm enzyme that is a natural anti=inflammatory and painkiller. He will live out his lifespan regardless of what is wrong with him, so just wanted to let you know that Ava can do the same. I think you'd know if she was in pain.

Good luck at the vet tomorrow! And please keep us updated. Praying that she won't have anything serious wrong with her.
Deb

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb, and Lonzo reminds me of my grandparents dog. He's old, overweight, diabetic, blind, deaf, and arthritic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom